April 1st, 2022

Cross is quitting.  That is it.  The end.  Goodbye.  I'm done with all of this.

Crap, sorry, someone told me it's April 1st so all serious things I say today don't count.  *hmph* Fine, I'll stay then.

Okay, that bit of humor out of the way, let's get into the real stuff which I've been meaning to get to for forever, but due to ONC chaos, am only now getting to on the worst day ever to make announcements xD

Teen Fiction SUCKS
(AKA: Change of Form Systems)

Okay okay.  No, I'm not insulting your stories.  Get your booties back here!  I love you ;-; 

More on the serious side.  For those of you who are unaware, Teen Fiction as a genre is completely made up by Wattpad to represent coming-of-age and high school romance.

But wait Cross, I hear you yell. I've seen the label Teen Fiction in book stores before!

Yeah, so did I, and it confused me for a bit.  But Teen Fiction is just used synonymously with the audience range of Young Adult because, honestly, Young Adult itself is a *very* confusing label as young adult in age means you're about 18-25, but then in publishing it means 12-18.  Anyway, off that spiel.

We have run into multiple confusing situations when it comes to the definition of Teen Fiction vs Romance, as well as other Teen Fiction vs things.  Because it's confusing and because it's stupid, we are doing away with it completely in our labeling of things :D 

But wait Cross, I hear you say again.  How does that affect me?

Well, honestly, it mostly only affects Hunt.  However, the extension of the consequences affects most of the clubs.  3/5 at least.

Because there are very different vibes between high school romance, which Teen Fiction substituted, and adult romance, which most just labeled as romance, we are also implementing a new section into our forms: audience.

In the audience labeling, there are four-ish official labels: early children's (0-8), children's/middle grade (8-12), young adult (12-18), and adult (18+).  However, online, there has been a huge push for an audience between young adult and adult called new adult (yes, we had to make up a new word because young adult was used to mean teen fiction).  This takes up the area of 18-30 with adult being anything 30+.

If you're not sure what the audience of the book means, it is basically who you'd advertise it to, not necessarily who will read it.  I'm 25 and read Middle Grade books all of the time because it's awesome.  

We are also going to put out some basic genre definitions because we've noticed confusion on some things, such as many mistaking paranormal as being a sort of horror genre.  

So, why are you here?  What do I now need you, older members, to do?  Well, quite simply, please fill in the areas down below if you are in Hunt, Workshop, or Exchange!

Remember the audiences are (that you'll actually use on Wattpad): Middle Grade (8-12), Young Adult (12-18), New Adult (18-30), and Adult (30+).  If you are confused about anything that has been said above or anything, because this has been very hard/confusing to explain, please ask here!

Exchangers: What is your story's audience, and do you have any that you'd prefer to read/to avoid?

Workers: What is your story's audience, and do you have any that you'd prefer to read/to avoid?

Hunters: What is your story's audience?

Further Hunt Changes!

Okay, so, Hunt is having a few more changes!  And yes, they're being implemented now, so sorry for anyone that makes a little fume-y? U^.^

Partnerships and Extensions: As you already know, your extensions must be completed by the end of the first week for Hunt or you go on Probation.  This is being extended for Partnership extensions as well, but not for Probation.  You must finish all of your partnership extensions before the end of the first week or you will lose Partnership privileges for that cycle.  Similarly, if you have an extension and don't finish all of your prior partnerships before coming off extension, you'll also come off extension without those privileges.  We need you guys to start taking partnerships seriously as they are one of the main tools for others to ensure they get reads U^.^

Trial: Yes, Hunt is now implementing a Trial, but it's ridiculously easy!  Basically, before you can really be added to the club and put into the New Member area, you have to finish the bare minimum.  Sorry but also not really.  It is a precautionary step that we are taking because far too many times, someone has joined, our amazing Hunters have showered them with love to help them enter the club, and then... They do nothing, go on Probation, do nothing for that, and are just never heard from again.  On Trial, you cannot request a partnership or anything.  You'll have a report section at the very top where you report your reads, and you will report BotM in the same area everyone else does. 

If you finish your trial, you can then request partnerships, even if we have yet to update.  You will be added to the New Member section after your trial is finished.  If you finish at the end of the month, you will be added as a New Member at the start of the next month.

I'm probably forgetting things but I cannot remember what so... *fingerguns and poofs away*

Never stop dreaming!
- Cross