[11]

September thirty-first, fourteen twenty.

Luz had to take all the drunk farmers home, get them to bed after they drank water, and struggled to get Amity to sleep. The sun was rising, and Amity was still awake, ugly crying with a headache. "Princess.." Luz rubbed her eyes slightly, continuing to rock Amity in her arms.

"Hicc-- Hmph--" Amity sniffled, retched, and gagged quietly.

Luz opened the carriage door, sitting Amity down by a barrel. Finally. She regurgitated. Luz sighed in relief, Amity gripping the barrel, "I'll take you home tonight Amity.." Luz tied the princess's hair up.

Amity panted, throwing up once more, sitting up. "Mm-- Hicc--"

"I know I know.." Luz rubbed her back. "Come here, let's get you to bed."

Amity held her arms up, the knight picking her up, rocking her gently. Luz rubbed her eyes again, stepping in to the carriage, closing the door. She sat on the bed where she had spent a total of nine hours working or attempting to help Amity sleep.

Only one path worked, but at least she got work done. "Humph- Hicc-- Muh-" Amity whined.

Her head hurt like heck, the sun was blinding, she was exhausted- "Ba.. Da-Da-Da-Dun-Da.." Luz hummed, rubbing Amity's back as she wrote down the day so far.

Amity sniffled, resting her head on Luz's shoulder, relaxing when Luz continued to hum. The knight was a bit ticked off. If she knew this would help Amity sleep, she'd have done this ten hours ago. "Mm.."

Luz hushed Amity softly, carefully kneeling up on the bed. She moved her hands behind Amity's head and back, carefully lying the princess down. Once she accomplished the task, she rubbed Amity's arm, knowing full well that her muscles hurt. "You alright Princess?"

Amity sniffled, "I've got a headache.."

"Hey, you're talking again! You'd just growl at me if I asked you anything." Luz removed Amity's hands from her sides, freeing herself and getting up. "Let me retrieve a glass."

Amity nodded slowly, hissing as her headache worsened. Luz stepped out of the carriage, heading inside the house. Parvati was awake, brewing herself a cup of tea, "Mornin'." She nodded. "Finally got her to stop mm?"

"I did yes. Are you feeling any better Parvati?" Luz walked over, being handed a cup of tea.

"I am. But now it's time go work. Can't let the hangover get to me."

"I'll do it. You've done enough, and that's the most important thing. So, now it's my turn to help you out." Luz pointed outside. "Just don't let her run off yeah?"

"Send her inside. We'll play chess or checkers."

"I don't think that's a good idea, but alright." Luz went back outside, entering the carriage. "Princess, here's some tea."

Amity glared back at her, the human flinching at the sudden change in attitude. "Out."

"Princess. Don't use that tone with me or I won't join you on any trips."

Amity sat up, snatching the cup of tea, downing the liquid, and handing the cup back. "Out!"

Luz sighed, "What did I do to deserve this." Luz stepped off the carriage. "I guess I will be resigning in three days."

Amity jumped up and out of the carrige in to Luz's arms, "Wait don't resign, I've just got a headache and I don't like hearing noises right now.."

Luz picked Amity up, walking inside the house, "That's alright Princess. But it's rude to take your anger out on someone. You're staying with Parvati while I go plant."

Amity squeezed Luz, "Okay.."

"Tonight we return, so try to look presentable?"

"Mm.." Amity nodded.

Luz sat her down at a chair, patting her head, "No more mood swings, I've probably been traumatized with those glares." Luz removed Amity's hands from her neck. "Stay. Don't go anywhere. You run off I won't get you, ya hear?"

"Muh-Huh.." Amity nodded slowly.

Luz ruffled her hair, stepping back and heading towards the door, "Parvati! She's all yours!"

"Okay~!" She called back.

Luz sighed sharply, closing the door and stepping towards the field, "I should've resigned when I had the chance.."

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

When Luz returned late in the night, she fell asleep, and awoke in her room. "Hah-" Luz shot up, looking around. "Whu- Huh?-"

"Luz!" A little demon rushed over to her, jumping on the bed. "We thought you got arrested!"

"How'd I get here--" Luz pushed the covers off, lifting up the demon and standing.

"Guards brought you to your mom's house unconscious!"

Luz hummed nervously, "What's the time?- What's today?"

"It's a little past midnight, so it's no longer the thirty-first." He explained.

"I have to get ready for duty-" Luz sat him on the bed, rushing to her cupboards. "Is my mother awake King?"

The demon nodded, "Gave her a scare Luz, she couldn't sleep after."

Luz nodded slowly, "Alright, ask her to make a quick breakfast please."

King saluted, rushing out of the room after tripping off the bed. Ouch. Luz rushed to the powder room, examining herself in the reflection. "Bloody hell I look like I've been run over by a bull!" Luz sighed sharply. "No time to lower your self esteem Luz! Where's my brush?-"

Tis, the adventure continues.