[28]

October sixth. Fourteen twenty.

Luz awoke to Hunter knocking on her door, arms numb. "Come in.."

The door opened, Hunter walking in, holding a plate. "I have been given time off to, unfortunately, take care of you. You bumbling idiot."

Luz kept quiet, carefully sitting up, the plate being set in her lap. "Eat. I do not care if you do not enjoy it, but it's food."

Hunter stepped back. Luz reached for the fork at her left, carefully picking it up. She winced, hands shaking as the fork clattered on the plate. "I'm not hungry anyways.." Luz mumbled.

"Honestly Ms.Noceda you're useless when you're injured." Hunter snatched her fork, penetrating the sliced lettuce on egg. "Not eating means no energy, no energy means you can not work. Not working. Means no Camilla."

Luz tensed, then opened her mouth, "Yes sir.."

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

In between movement therapy and work, Luz had very little time to relax. Once she arrived to her room that evening, a letter lied on her bed. She took her time opening it, the sender having been blurred.

She pulled out the letter, unfolding it, "Dear Luz Noceda.

It is your princess, forgive me for taking so long to write, I have been trapped in my room as Steve, the only available guard, is caring for your mother. Write on the letter, it will be written to a paper I have of the same."

Luz looked around, reaching over to her desk, humming softly as she pulled a pen from a cup. Slowly, she wrote back to her princess. "Hello Princess, it's quite alright. Forgive me, but once the week is over, I still will not return. Send my mother and brother my regards."

She set the pen down, reaching over for the rubber round ball on the desk, holding it in her right hand, gently squeezing it. "..My my, has she been waiting this entire time?" Luz picked up the pen.

"Not returning? Luz are you alright? Do I need to fight someone to keep you safe."

"My Princess, I have burned myself. The injuries are permanent and I require therapy to have feelings in my hands again. I will try to return as quickly as possible so I can protect you."

Words began to form on the paper, Luz leaning towards to desk, dipping the pen in ink. "Luz, do not force yourself to heal for me. I will be patient I promise. You will be on paid leave while you heal when the week is over. I will come to check on you soon, please wait for me.."

"Yes Princess. I must stop writing now, I am forcing my hand too much. I will write you before I sleep."

She perked up as a drawing appeared, tilting her head to the side as it was in landscape form. It was a poor drawing of herself (was her hair really that messy?) Holding Amity's hand, the princess having an angry face as writing appeared above her. "You write one more thing back you'll be without a princess for two weeks!"

Luz snickered, "You say that, but you won't even handle two days." Luz wrote, setting the pen down as she gently massaged her palm.

She rubbed the felt, wincing as the healers did but a terrible job and popped several blisters. "I can handle two days..And go rest! I will handle myself and the castle in your leave. Night Luz."

"Night Princesa."

. . .

Amity sighed quietly, rolling up the letter and sliding it under her pillow. She slid out of bed, walking to her door, and opening it. "Excuse me."

"Yes Princess?" Two guards stepped out of their spots.

"I need you to ready my carriage. And I need you to call Princess Willow."

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

What the princess requested was received in a matter of minutes, Willow having been rudely awoken and dragged out of bed. Then was explained that Luz might need more than normal care.

So, Willow was forced to tag along as Amity needed an available guard, Agustus, to accompany her. "Are you certain this is a good idea?" Willow asked, looking to Amity.

"Uhm. No. No I'm not sure. But Luz is hurt, and well, they're forcing her to do far too much work than she is able to. Also I miss her."

Willow paused, then perked, "You're dating your guard-"

"What-"

"You're with your guard!!" Willow covered her mouth slightly. "Oh my Titan, you're with your guard. With your guard--"

"Why are you making such assumptions!?"

"Cause it's true!" Willow looked starstruck. "Just like in fairytales-"

Amity scoffed, "If you belive it then fine! But we- I am not dating my guard!"

Willow cooed, "Now I know you are! How did it happen? Is she nice to you? I've seen how attached she has gotten- Have you..Have you two done the intimate thing--"

"WILLOW OH MY TITAN BE QUIET!" Amity threw her coat at the princess. "I am not dating Luz!"

"Say that again without blushing, Princess." Willow grinned. "You've had her almost a month no? You must have gone as far as..Kissing, per say?"

Amity inhaled sharply, covering her face, "You and your assumptions Willow-"

"Ooh~ Now I'm intrigued! Gus," Willow opened the window behind her. "You may speed up."

"Thank Titan! We were going too slow. Hiyah!"

Tis, the adventure continues.