52. Page 18.

Chapter 13

The next school day was difficult. Firstly, stolen glances and surreptitious smiles at Matt were definitely NOT enough for Aiden.

Secondly, Darren was back and he was certainly making himself known.

“All righ’?” he called to Aiden, adding in a few malicious and sadistic remarks about Aiden’s sexuality. But there was something different about him. He looked drenched in sorrow and . . . regret.

“I’m great, thanks, Dazza,” Aiden grinned back. He was particularly pleased to see that Darren had quite a few bruises covering him, along with a black eye. Also, he had his arm in a sling. Chillingly, but unsurprisingly, Aiden felt thrilled about Darren’s penitence. “How you doing? You don’t look too good. Looks like somebody did some real damage.”

Darren flashed a look of remorse, but it was clouded with a glare of bitter resentment. He said no more, and like a disciplined dog, he staggered away. Out of the corner of his eye, Aiden saw Matt slip across to Darren. A sheet of horror shot upon his face, as he heard the story. His eyes brushed over to Aiden’s. At first he looked disgusted, but then his disgust grew into confusion, then pity. Aiden wondered what was going through his head, but he couldn’t work it out. So instead he mouthed ‘library’ across the room to him, when no one was watching. At first Matt couldn’t make it out, so Aiden had to do actions. He pointed to a book, then to his watch. Matt shrugged a few times, but eventually a flash of understanding took over his face and his put his thumb up, nodding. Nobody in the room saw, they were too busy gazing out of the window. At least, they thought nobody had seen.

The library was chilly and dull, as Aiden walked in. Instantly, he knew that Matt wasn’t there yet. Turning on the light, he made himself comfortable on top of a table. It was hard and unpleasantly cold, but it didn’t matter. The excitement he felt beneath his skin overrode the uncomfortable feeling inside him. Staring at his watch, he counted the seconds. Each one was precious.

“Hurry up, Matt,” he muttered to himself a few times. A sudden feeling overcame him – what if Matt didn’t show? Or maybe his instructions had been so bad, they’d led him somewhere else?

It took a few seconds for his worries to mean nothing. “Hey,” a deep, masculine voice walked into the room. Aiden didn’t even reply. He started to, by opening his mouth, but before words could come out, Matt’s mouth covered it. “I missed you,” Matt moaned.

“Because we haven’t seen each other for, like, forever,” Aiden said dryly.

“Exactly,” Matt muttered, hushing Aiden with his lips. Minutes of pleasure lapsed into withdrawal. “Aiden,” Matt pulled back, looking into Aiden’s eyes, which were looking bluer and more chilling than ever today – but also incredibly meaningful and . . . sexy. “Did you do really do that to Darren?

“Did he tell you that?”

Matt laughed, “No, he said there was about fifty full grown men who jumped out on him as he turned the corner. They only did it, apparently, because they were scared that he was becoming too rough for the estate.”

Aiden laughed too, “Well, he is pretty hard, right? Who told you the truth?”

“Harry and the guys. They got confused because apparently they were there. I guess Darren forgot about that,” Matt smiled and Aiden wanted to too, but he flinched when Matt said ‘the guys’. Was he seriously friends with these people?

Matt didn’t notice the flinch and proceeded in pulling Aiden into his arms. He forced his hand into Aiden’s and stroked his arm, whispering sweet nothings into his ear. It was beautiful and delicate and soft and basically, it was a dream. Lingering his hands on Aiden’s waist, he kissed him gently.