8

This chapter is dedicated to @ShishiBen for the very first comment.

______________________________________

Adonis and I were in the sick bay in the house

Adonis and I were in the sick bay in the house. This house has everything.

"Alright now first let me ask you a few questions and I want honest answers."

I nodded.

"Do you have any injury at the moment?"

I was silent. I was still confused. Was what happened to me really wrong? Or are they trying to play some mind games like Jack?

I took a deep breath and nodded.

"Where?"

"Uh- my ribs and back hurt a bit."

"Can you show me?"

I nodded again.

"Alright lets see."

I lifted my shirt upto my chest. Adonis took a sharp breath and told me to lie down. He touched my ribs and put a little pressure and I whimpered.

"I'm sorry. I have to check if they're broken. We'll do an X-ray. But we can't do that here. We'll have to go to the hospital."

I stayed silent not knowing how to respond.

"Now show me your back."

I turned around.

"They look infected."

______________________________________

The whole day passed as Adonis treated my wounds.

He said my ribs are broken and they'll take about a month to heal. Papa was really sad hearing that. I snapped out of my thoughts as Adrian called me.

"Astrid, you don't like the pasta?"

Anubis frowned. "See I told you not to cook. Now she thinks we eat trash."

"Shut up. I wasn't asking you."

I shook my head. "I'm not very hungry."

"We need a nutritionist for you." Daemon said furrowing his brows.

"I've already made an appointment with Dr. Davis. We'll go meet her tomorrow," Adonis replied.

A sharp clatter sounded and I flinched. A maid broke a few glasses she was bringing to the table. "I'm sorry sir." She kept her head bowed.

I stilled in fear. Fear for her. What if they hurt her.

I didn't even notice that I've started shaking and tears streamed down my eyes.

"Shh baby it's ok. Why are you crying?" Daemon said crouching next to me.

I looked around for the maid but I didn't find her. "Where'd she go?"

"Who?"

"The girl. Who dropped the glasses."

"She left. Why?"

"Are you going to punish her?" I asked in a small voice.

______________________________________

When she asked if we're gonna punish the maid it broke my heart

When she asked if we're gonna punish the maid it broke my heart. Was she punished for stupid reasons like this?

"No baby we're not going to punish her. It was a mistake."

She was still shaking.

"Calm down love." I took her in my arms keeping her injuries in mind. "It's ok. Stop crying. I don't like it when you cry."

After a while her sobs turned to small sniffles and eventually stopped. Then I heard some cute little snores.

She fell asleep. Cute.

"I'll put her to bed." Adrian picked her up and left.

"I think we need to talk to a psychiatrist," Daemon said.

I nodded. "Adonis I want the best doctors for my princess."

He smiled. "I know. I'll get to it."

A/N
If you're liking this book please vote and comment.