10

Adonis and I were on our way to see my new nutritionist

The car ride was silent. I kept looking out the window and counting the cars that passed us.

We stopped in front of a huge building. "Stay seated," Adonis went out and jogged to the passenger side and opened the door. I took his outstretched hand and came out.

As we walked I saw many people walking here and there, chattering about. I clutched Adonis' hand tighter.

We got in the lift and an old man in weird costume asked, "What floor sir?"

"Dr. Davis' office."

The old man gave me a small smile, believe it or not, it actually calmed my nerves. I returned his smile but Adonis put his arm infront of me and pushed me behind him, the man went rigid.

"Floor seventeen," the automated voice in the lift said and we got down.

Adonis knocked at the door that said Dr. Davis, "Come in," a voice from inside shouted.

Adonis opened the door and motioned for me to go in. The man in the room greeted us with a smile, "Adonis, how're you doing? Long time no see."

"I'm good. I've been busy." Adonis stated with a tight smile.

"And you must be Astrid, the patient," the man, Dr. Davis, turned his bright blue eyes to me .

I nodded. "Nice to meet you," I mumbled.

Dr. Davis told us to sit and exchanged a few words with Adonis. They're discussing my eating habits, I realized. I zoned out.

"Come on Astrid. We'll get going now."

I snapped back to reality hearing my brother's voice. "Thank you Dr. Davis."

Dr. Davis gave me a full blown smile, "Anytime."

______________________________________

Coming out of Dr. Davis'office, Adonis crouched down infront of me, putting his hands on my shoulders. "We're going to see a gynecologist now. Is that ok with you honey?"

"What's a gynecologist?"

"A gynecologist is a doctor specializing in female reproductive system. You need to see her honey."

"Okay."

The gynocologist, Dr. Myers, was a nice lady in her mid thirties. She asked me questions like if I've had my period and stuff like that before saying that she wanted to check if I had any tears or anything. Luckily I didn't.

After the check up she conversed with Adonis for some time. Then we thanked her and went out.

"Would you like some ice-cream?" Adonis questioned.

I quickly nodded before he could change his mind.

In my three days of living here I've come to know that Adonis is an absolute health freak. That means no silly junk food. His word not mine.

We stopped at an ice cream parlour. "What flavor do you want?" Adonis asked.

"I don't know. I've never had it before."

"You've never had ice cream before." Adonis exclaimed.

I shook my head, looking at the ground.

"That's ok. Do you want me to suggest something?"

"Yes please," I spoke.

"Try butterscotch. You loved it when you were little."

I nodded happily.

______________________________________

"You let her have ice cream! You never let me have ice cream." Soren's accusation was the first thing I heard as I stepped into the house.

I still haven't finished my ice cream cone.

"That's cause she's my favorite," Adonis chirped.

Soren scowled.

I couldn't help but giggle. He looked the mature sort, seeing him being jealous over ice cream made my stomach bubble with laughter.

Both my brothers turned to look at me as I continued laughing. They looked so content while gazing at me, it made me shy.

"Aww. Look her cheeks' turning red." Soren stated amused, as Adonis pinched my cheeks.

I turned redder if possible while they chuckled.

I like it here.