Chapter 1

Being the new upcoming mayor meant working. And when Y/n meant working, she meant working.

When her father was alive and mayor, he would work till 7 AM to 10:30 PM.

Y/n strived to be like him. To work at 5 AM to 10:30. Only two more hours then her father.

Day and night she was locked up in the office, working.

Her mother begged her to get out of the office, even if it was just for 30 minutes.

But no.

She wanted to be like her father. Always have.
Even as a little kid.

She would always be with her father at his office. Always walking around the building, hand-in-hand. Him discussing to her the jobs that goes on in the City Hall.

She was amazed.

Astonished.

Maybe she changed. She doesn't want to be mayor now. Maybe because she was too amazed by the job, too scared she will mess up.

Y/n right now was in her office at home. Working. She's realized that she's working a lot like how Bruce was before she decided to become mayor.

She would always be disappointed that Bruce couldn't spend time with her because he was always working.

She thought it was the end of the relationship. She didn't want it to be though. So, she stayed. Does she regret it? Absolutely not.

The only days she takes a break is Saturday and Sunday.

It feels like her private school she used to go to.

Going to school everyday of the week except Saturday and Sunday.

She checked the time on her MacBook. '10:45'. She went over 15 minutes then usual. Sighing, she closed her laptop.

Getting up from her chair, she went back to her room.

After washing up, she got changed into her pajamas and drifted off to sleep.

Y/n woke up to the sun beaming through her windows and curtains, kissing her skin.

Unwrapping the beige silky sheets, she got up and checked the time. '8:00'. She didn't have to wake up early since it was her day off.

Although 8:00 is early for some people, it isn't for the Collymore girl.

Putting on her white robe, she headed downstairs to see the meal the maids have prepared for her and her mother.

The meals they got could feed the entire city. They were so divine.

"Dear, how about you go to the Country Club and do golf like you use to?" Chanel asked as she chewed her cinnamon brioche french toast.

"Sure," Y/n responded, sipping her morning tea.

"Okay thank you. I just, I really want you to get out of the house. Mostly your office," Chanel said.

"I'll try," Y/n said getting up from her chair to go get changed.

She picked out a white polo with a white skirt. After touching up her makeup, she grabbed her purse and grabbed her Range Rover car keys.

"Mother I'm leaving!" She said putting on her sunglasses.

"Okay stay safe dear!"

Making her way out the door, she unlocked her car and left the house.