Chapter 6

2nd POV of Y/n:
Dory finished ironing your black formal tweed dress. "Thank you Dory!" She smiled and replied, "Oh it's nothing. Good luck for your speech today." She gave you one last smile and walked out of the room.

You ordered the tweed dress from Chanel specifically for today. You put on your black louboutins and put on a pearl necklace, not trying to overload on jewelry. You did your makeup and hair, and grabbed your car keys.

Arriving, you parked your car and grabbed your purse. As you felt water on your foot, you looked down to seeing water rush down the street.

You immediately went inside the Square Garden. "I hope Bruce is okay," you thought to yourself.

3rd POV:
The riddler gasped slowly. "Oh, you're really not as smart as I thought you were." He shook his head, "I guess I gave you too much credit."

"What have you done?"

"What's black and blue and dead all over you? You. If you think you can stop what's coming." The riddler shook his head, repeating what his action.

"What have you done?"

"Ave Maria," the Riddler began to sing. The batman punched the window to the cell, getting angry of how stubborn the Riddler was being. "What have you done?" Batman shouted.

"Gratia plena," he sung again. "What have you done?" The batman asked, punching and shouting. "Maria. Gratia plena."

Batman found himself again at the Riddler's apartment. He flashed the flashlight at the cabinet near him, showing two polaroids of Edward Nashton smiling in the polaroids, one with his mask and another without.

"Hey!" Martinez, one of the officers shouted while pointing his flashlight at Batman. "What are you doing in here?" Curious, the officer questioned.

The Batman turned back around and went the direction he wanted to go before he got interrupted. He walked over to a shelf case with a box of evidence, pulling out a tape in a plastic bag.

"Hey, man, I don't think that you should be touching that," the officer suggested, breaking the silence. "Boy, this guy's a real nutjob, huh? Killing Bradford and Chanel with a friggin' carpet tool.

The Batman looked at him, pointing his flashlight directly at Martinez's face. Martinez squinted, looking down due to the blinding light, "My uncles a...He's an installer. You know, it's a...Oh, you know. It's a...tucker." Martinez said, remembering the tool.

The Batman looked back down and pointed his flashlight at the piece of evidence he pulled out from the box.

He pulled the carpet tucked out from the plastic bag, examining it while pointing the flashlight at it. Dry, rusted blood appeared on the tucker as it glistens from the flashlight.

He moved the desk and surroundings that covered the carpet from right underneath him. "Huh?" Martinez asked, pointing the flashlight at the ground.

Martinez looked at the door, scared an officer might walk in on both of them. Batman grabbed the tucked and ripped the green carpet and set it to aside.

"Hey, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa! What are you doing?" Pulling it completely off, he grabbed Martinez's attention as he stepped forward with his flashlight.

'A REAL CHANGE' appeared on the floor, replacing the carpet. From the looks of both of them, the entire city of Gotham covered the floor with flashing devices, one at each location.

Batman turned around and saw a computer on. A video of the Riddler was uploading, as if he knew Batman would be there at the exact same time it would happen.

He clicked on the titled video, 'A REAL CHANGE.' "Hey guys," the Riddler said waving in the video. "Uh, thanks for al the comments, and, uh, a special thanks to everyone for the tips on detonators."

"Detonators?" Martinez questioned as he stood right beside Batman as he watched the video. "I just want to say this will be my last post for a little while, and uh...what this community has meant to me these weeks, these months, let's just say none of us...is alone anymore. Okay?"

"Jesus." The riddler huffed, getting ready to talk again. "Tomorrows the official day where Y/n Collymore takes her father's place of being mayor," he said laughing. "She promised when she takes her father's place, that the future of Gotham will have a real change. But we know the truth, don't we?"

He got closer to the camera and grabbed it. "You've seen Gotham's true face now. Together, we unmasked it. Its corruption, its perversion masquerading under the guise of renewal."

"But unmasking is not enough. The day of judgement is finally upon us. And now it is time," Batman and Martinez turned back around to face the mapped-out city.

"-for retribution. I've parked seven vans all along the city's sea wall. And on the big night, they will go boom." Both of the men in the apartment heard an explosion. They rushed over to a window, seeing one of the sea walls explode.

Another, and another, and another were seen. Bruce was worried. But most importantly, he was worried about Y/n. He has to finish the video just in case it held any important information, but he also wanted to go check on Y/n.

"When the vans blow, the flooding will happen so fast, evacuation will not be an option. Those who are not washed away will race through the streets in terror."

"Call Gordon." Searching for his phone, Martinez panicked, "Yeah. Yeah, yeah. Yeah." He grabbed his phone and dialed Gordon's number.

"As breaking news hits higher ground in Gotham Square Garden, celebrations will turn to panic, as the venue becomes the city's shelter of last resort. And that's where all of you come in."

"Now when the time arrives, I will already be unmasked. The pigs will have me in their custody, but that's okay. Because then it will be your turn. You'll be their waiting."

"It's time for the lies to finally end. False promises of renewal? Change? We'll give them real, real change now," the Riddler mocked Y/n.

"We've spent our lives in this wretched place, suffering! Wondering, "Why us?" Now they will spent their last moments wondering, why them?"

"I can't get through! The lines are down," Martinez said showing his phone to Batman.

A/N: hey guys!! hoped u enjoyed!! TYSM FOR 600 READERS!! LIKE I SWEAR I HAD 400 the other DAY! TYYY🤍🤍