Chapter 3

You got dressed in your black feathery dress and slipped on your black louboutin heels.

You touched up your makeup and did your hair and grabbed your birkin.

You waited for Bruce to finish changing.

Bruce came out in a black suit, as always. "Are you ready?" He asked.

You stood up from the couch and responded, "Mhm."

Alfred came in about 3 minutes later. "I'm sorry I can't come, I have a business meeting to attend to for Wayne Enterprises," he said.

"It's fine. No worries," you said giving him a warm smile.

You guys left, and got in Bruce's car.

Since your parents died in a 2 week span, you decided you'll hold a public memorial service for both of your parents.

You looked out the window, letting out a sigh. You felt a hand wrap around your hand and a peck on your head.

"Are you okay?" Bruce asked.

You shrugged. "I guess it just kind of all happened really quick," you said, continuing to look out the window.

"I'm sorry," he said. "It's not your fault," he reminded you.

As you guys arrive to the City Hall, you hear chants chanting 'No more lies' and people holding up signs with a question mark. A symbol of the riddler.

Bruce parked the car, and came around your side to open the door.

He opened the door and grabbed your hand to help you up from your seat.

People were shouting his and your names. You put on your sunglasses due to the paparazzi's flashing cameras. It helps with the blinding lights.

Hand in hand, you guys went up the steps and entered the City Hall.

Walking in, both of you guys noticed armed officers up on the balcony, waiting to attack to any terrorists.

You both went to sit down on the chairs closer to the caskets.

"Ladies and gentlemen, thank you all for coming to today's memorial for our beloved mayor, Bradford Collymore, and his wife, Chanel Collymore. Our program will begin shortly. As a reminder, the family asked that those wishing to honor the mayor and his wife's memory, consider a donation to the cause most dear to his heart...the Gotham Renewal Fund, our city's safety new," the speaker from announced.

Many more people came up to the caskets to pay their respects and people coming up to you as well.

Minutes later, screams from people were heard outside. You got up from your chair and turned around where the doors were.

Tires squealed and a loud bang was heard. Many people, including you, were confused on the noises that could be heard.

You took a step further to see what was going on. Bruce looked behind at you for a second and turned back around.

A car bursted through and Bruce rushed over to you to pull you out of the way, making both of you fall to the ground.

Groaning, you put your hand to your head. "Are you okay?" Bruce asked examining you. "Yes i'm fine, I just hit my head that's all," you said as he helped you up.

Officers rushed over to the car, guns aimed for the driver in it.

"Get out of the car! Get out of the car and show your hands!" Detective Gordon shouted getting closer to the car.

"Get out!"

The door slowly opened, revealing a familiar man. Then and there you just remembered. Gil Colson, he was apart of the D.A.