The dream

I was in my room again. That's funny , I thought that I was at school in math. I heard him whispering to me. ¨I killed them, what are you going to do? You have no one else.¨ The voice said. I knew it was the thing that killed my parents, why was I listening. I should have the normal teenage life, but I don't. My parents were killed by the supernatural, but no one believes me.

While in my room, I saw his figure lurking in the shadows. He was watching me and I knew he was. He kept showing me the way he murdered my parent. He brought them into my dream every time, and he killed them the same way every time. They would come into my room as if driven by some force and they would look at me with sadness in their eyes. ¨Mom, dad, what's wrong?¨ I would ask.

¨Just know that we will always love you. Go on living a normal happy life. Please. We love you.¨ They said. They kissed my forehead and he came from the shadows. He took his hand and slowly cut my dad's neck. Hearing his screams was horrifying. Then he put his hand through my moms abdomen, and she let out and ear splitting scream before it was silenced by his other hand going through her heart. I heard another scream only to realize it was mine. He moved over to me and took out a knife. He took it across my chest, from the left shoulder down my arm. He then took it to my right shoulder down that arm. FInally he took it from the corner of my left eye down my cheek.

I woke up with a strangled cry. I was in piano class, and everyone looked up. I just got up and left the room. Ever since I got these scars, people have looked at me different. Everyone except Lizzie, my best friend. She treats me normal and doesn't make fun of me for anything. She accepts me for who I am. As I walk to the office they notice me walk in. ¨Hello Lindsay. How are you today?¨ Hellen, the office manager asked me.

¨Same old, same old. Nightmares and all the stares. It's a routine anymore. How are you?¨ I said with a sigh.

She gave me a smile and said, ¨fine, thanks.¨ I nodded and went into an empty room and sat there in silence for a long time. I stared at a blank wall and thought about this dream. He had asked what I would do? I knew exactly what I wanted to do. What I needed to do. I know I needed an education, but I needed to get revenge for my parents. I told the office that I needed to go home right away. The funny thing is, they let me go home anytime I say I need to because they think I'm about to lose it.

I text Lizzie telling her I needed to talk to her.

Hey I need to talk to you. It's urgent. - Lindsay

I'll be their as soon as I can. -Lizzie

She did just that, she came not five minutes later. ¨So, I came as fast as I can.¨ She said.

¨I can see that. Thank you. I need you to hear me out then talk to me in a calm manner after I'm done. Can you do that? Listen then talk.¨ In all the years I've known Lizzie, every time she didn't like what I had to say, she would interject and tell me what she thought of it before I've finished. She nodded and I continued. ¨I'm quitting school. I need to find what killed my parents, even if it kills me. Lizzie if I don't, I will never have clarity. Please forgive me, but I'm signing the papers tomorrow. Lizzie, after I sign those papers, I'm leaving.¨

¨Fine. Under one condition. I go with you.¨ She said and I heard the finality. ¨Friends help each other, and I said I would always be there for you. I am holding that promise. So, I will sign the papers to.¨ I nodded in agreement, because once Lizzie made up her mind there was no changing it.

The next day we signed the papers, and the school said they were sad to see us go. Yeah right, as if. Since I was the only one with my driver's license I drove.

So, we started our journey. A journey unknown. It was exciting, but what I had in mind was horrifying.

Revenge.

Sorry it's short, but I hope you enjoy it. Please comment your opinions and vote.