CHAPTER 4 (Left Behind)

"Tohru, what are you doing?"
The young dragon said this with her soft voice as she looked at Tohru with a concerned look in her eyes.

Tohru was in disbelief, she was fully confident (Y/n) was asleep in the cave. She was sure of it, and yet there she was.

"(Y/n)... I.. thought you were asleep," said the green dragon.

There was a slight pause; to (Y/n), it felt like a second, but to Tohru, it was hours, and then she replied.

"I.. wasn't sleeping, I've been following you throughout the cave this whole time."

This bit of information surprised Tohru. She kept an eye out of her surroundings, then how did she not see her?

"But.. how?" Tohru, still puzzled, immediately knew what the young dragon did.

"You used perception blocking, didn't you..." said Tohru. It must be said that she was a little impressed at how effectively she used a spell she only learned a couple of weeks ago.

(Y/n) now, with a smirk on her face, replied.

"Hehe, of course. I learned from the best after all," she said proudly, though with that out of the way.

"Why are you trying to sneak away, Tohru?"

Her smirk reverted to a frown as they glanced at each other. It went quiet after that; only the night breeze could be heard.
They both stared at each other, face-to-face.

The tension grew exponentially as the two went on their silent standoff. Both wondered who's going to break it first, as the second became minutes. The young dragon was the first to break the silence.

"Tohru, you know I'm here, right? You can talk to me anytime. These past few days, you looked so troubled. It's making me really worried about you." The concerned tone can be heard in (Y/n)'s voice, her usual relaxed and carefree voice has been replaced by a distressing one.

"It seems... you've changed somehow, like you're a different dragon now..."

Tohru understood what she was saying. (Y/n) has known Tohru for a couple of years now, so it would be unusual for her to behave like this now.

Despite that, letting (Y/n) know about "that" will absolutely ruin her entire operation.
She replied with her usual voice.

"What are you talking about (Y/n)? I'm fine, I'm still the same old tohru. I just wanted to get some fresh air. That's all, I promised." She walked slowly to the entrance of the cave.

"Now, how about we get back inside the cave so you could get some re-"

Before she knew it, (Y/n) blocked her path to the cave, prompting Tohru to halt immediately.

"Umm... (Y/n), what are you doing?"

"You're not going anywhere, Tohru."

"What?"

She opens her wings to let them mostly cover the entrance of the cave, her body stiffening as she resembles a fortress wall.