THE SILVERSTONE RACE

almost a week passed by and it was race day now. finally. 

i had a few injuries but i could race and i was so happy for that. i had qualified P5 which was pretty good.

all of the drivers had come visit me from the F1 , F2 grid and some from F3 as well. even Charles and Arthur. they did not talk much but asked me how i was and told me to take care. the other gave me good lucks and get well soons. i was happy for that. 

but one thing had been bugging me the whole week. lando has not been talking much to me. is he back at hating me again ? i saw a girl with him a few times. he would not talk much and then out of the blue he would ask me if was okay. 

at the moment i was lying in my bed. but i got up now. i changed into appropriate cloths , had breakfast and left for the paddock on my car. i was nervous. silverstone is the home race for McLaren. what if i screw it up ?

i reached the paddock and had my workout and pre race practices done. 

i sat down on a sofa the McLaren motorhome. many people wished me good luck as they passed by. 

"hey Saara" Zaks voice came and i looked behind to see him coming here and sitting beside me.

"hey" i said quietly 

"i know you have had a tough time this week and last week but trust me , take it easy" he said

"i am trying but- " i stopped mid sentence as i put my hands over my face

"you are nervous . arn't you ?" he asked

"yes" i replied

"don't be" he softly said "just remember the hard work you put to get here , and its okay that you dont get the best , you are still a rookie , and its just your 5th race, trust yourself" he motivated me 

"thank you Zak , this honestly means a lot" i said with a soft smile. 

"it okay ...just be yourself" he said and left as i flashed him another smile. 

i was feeling a little better . my mood was a little lifted up now . 

suddenly my phone was ringing. Mason

"hey mase" i said

"hey saara...how are you feeling ?" he asked

"im feeling okay , i think...anyways when are you arriving ?" i asked

"thats why i called ....i can't make it , im so sorry" he said. whyy

"what ? why ?" i whined

"i have some urgent work...i am really sorry but i promise i will come to your next race" he said

"okay.." i sadly said 

"then i'll call you after the race ?" he said 

"yeah sure , bye" i replied and he said a goodbye and best of luck and hung up. 

i rubbed my face with my hands once , took a deep breath and had a good workout session and then changed into my racing suit. i was nervous all over again. but i tried to ignore the nerves.

i was ready and sitting in my car...30 minutes were left in the race.

my phone buzzed. an incoming video call from my mom.

"hey sweetie" she said as i picked up the call

"hey mom...how are you?" i asked

"im good but forget about me....how are you ?" she said and i chuckled a little at her words