Chapter:19

At JC Headquarters -

Walking through the door, Assistant Lee heard the president's computer playing music.

After he realized what the song was, he nearly choked on his own spit.

"Mr. Je... Jeon," assistant Lee stuttered.

Jungkook raised his head from behind a pile of documents. He didn't make a sound, but his eyes were clearly saying 'whatever it is, just say it.'

"Mr. Jeon, your car is ready. The people from the store just delivered it and left it in the garage. You can use it at any time."

"Got it." With only a two-word reply, Jungkook went back to his work.

The song, however, was still playing on repeat.

"I really wish there was someone with me when I'm lonely,

That even on the busiest days, someone's there to eat breakfast with me,

Although this kind of thinking is clearly too naïve,

No matter where tomorrow lies, I just want someone with me.

There's never room in love for multitasking,

Won't it be a shame to miss out on a meeting that happened so naturally,

If I truly decide to give my heart to you,

Can someone tell her, please don't hurt me.

You feel her holding you tightly.

She riles up your heart, covers your eyes, yet doesn't let you know where she's going,

Every time love is near, it's like she's waiting to see your reaction.

Heaven and earth fall silent, the only disturbance is your decision."

The reason assistant Lee thought this was bizarre was that, before, Jungkook usually played piano music from either Chopin, Mozart, Richard Clayderman, or Franz Liszt.

Assistant Lee was a man without much taste for music. Therefore, even when listening to Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata, he couldn't really appreciate it.

But his boss was different. People say that Jungkook was a genius, and, having studied abroad for seven years, he naturally had a different taste than the rest of them.

Most importantly, when did he start getting into cutesy indie-pop?

"Mr. Jeon?"

"Anything else?" Jungkook looked up at Lee, who stood stuttering, unsure if he should speak.

"I like this song, too. My wife and I are both fans of this artist." A little embarrassed, assistant Lee scratched his head and smiled.

"Who is the artist of this song?" Jungkook's reply nearly made Lee faint on the spot.

What was wrong with him? If he didn't know who the artist of this song was, why was he listening to this song on repeat?

What kind of a fan was he?

"The one who sang this song is one of the most popular kpop idol of second generation."

"Oh." Jungkook finally nodded.

The USB in his computer today wasn't the one he usually listened to.

Yesterday, the movers he sent to terminate the lease on Lisa's apartment had reportedly found this USB on Lisa's laptop.

Thinking that these might all be songs Lisa liked, Jungkook had spent the entire morning tirelessly listening to them.

No wonder assistant Lee was weirded out...