Chapter two- Oblivious

Anya and Becky entered the classroom together, while Damian and his buddies sat in their usual seats in the back of the room.

'Dammit, why am I getting so worked up?' Damian smoothed his cloak. It's only Anya,' he thought as his cheeks began to flush.

Anya quietly congratulated herself on her plan's success.

"How did you Start liking Desmond, Because to me he is extremely unlikeable?" With a gleaming smile, Becky replied, laying her chin on her palm and facing Anya, her facial expression really didn't match what she was saying.

Anya objected, "I said I don't like him."

Damian couldn't hear what they were saying, but he could hear them giggling, and he decided it was the perfect chance to enter in.

Damian yelled, "Shut Up Blackbell!" to get their attention.

"Damian, will you mind your own business?" Becky demanded fiercely. Anya raises her eyes to him.

"He merely did it to gain our attention," Becky added, accurately interpreting the situation.

"Quiet down," Mr Henderson announced as he entered the classroom, hushed the students.

Everyone's attention was drawn to him, and he began by taking roll,

He then moved on to educate about Ostania and the national party's authority over it before to the war.

"Now I'd like us to form four-person groups so we can start organising for the school trip," Henderson stated.

'I need Sy-on boy in my group, for the plan,' Anya thought looking up very obviously at him, the boy avoided her gaze nervously

'I need to make sure Anya and Damian are in the same group, but he already has two friends,' Becky pondered.

'Oh, that's right, Sy-on boy can only take one more, and I can't leave Becky alone,' Anya reasoned.

Emile stood up from his desk "Hey, Forger! Blackbell!" he called out, followed by Damian nervously tugging on his friend's cloak signalling him to stop.

"Ewen said he'd group with George's group, so we're going to group with you," Emile say's as they go down the steps towards the girls. Becky and Emile exchange a sly grin, reading 'you're thinking what I'm thinking right?' it was obvious they had the same intention.

Anya and Damian were blushing and avoiding eye contact. "Hey..." Damian muttered, staring at the ground and reaching into his pockets.

"Hey," Anya says uneasily, "why can't I look at Sy-on properly?" she wonders.

'Dammit she's so cute why can't I look at her' Damian thought causing Anya to blush harder

"Now that we're all grouped together, I can explain to you about the school trip," Henderson began to explain what the curriculum was for the trip.

Anya began to nod off, and Damian, who sat besides her, pushed her in the ribs with his finger, whispering, "We're in the middle of class moron."

"Sorry, Damian," she said, not aware she hadn't used his famous nickname Sy-on boy.

'She said my name instead of Sy-on boy, which was very adorable, but I kind of enjoy the nickname because it's like our own little thing, but she's all drowsy too.' Damian continued to obsess over Anya, who could hear everything, earning her a smirk.

The school trip included a tour of a well-known museum in Ostania where famous paintings and sculptures are on show, as well as a group assignment to write a report on any chosen artwork.