Sero the Dad-Killer?

"Why didn't I ask him? I had like a million chances. Curse you, Shinsou!"

Y/n tapped her foot and chewed the inside of her cheek. Why was talking to one of her best friends suddenly so nerve-wracking? She threw herself across the couch and stared angrily at the ceiling.

'Awkward, why the hell are you so goddamn awkward you fucking—'

"Uhm, Y/n?" Kaminari tapped her on the back of her shoulder and turned to look her in the face. "You good?"

She flinched, but then looked back at him with an awkward smile. "Oh yeah no, I'm fine, I'm good. I um, I was just like, doing this thing where uh, you know? You just, you know."

"No, I don't know," Kaminari brushed it off. "Anyway, you down to join our study session again?"

"Alright, yeah sure." She practically jumped off of the couch and followed the energetic boy.

Both joined Mina and Kirishima in the kitchen grabbing some study session snacks, while the sensible pair of the group—Sero and Bakugou—sat on the couch.

"Sigh, We're out of Spicy Cool Ranch Doritos." Kirishima pouted as he closed the cabinet and leaned against the wall.

"Good. That shit is contradicting and borderline disgusting," Mina grabbed various drinks and candy. "Did you just say sigh?"

"My food is disgusting? Don't you eat those Good & Plenty black licorice things?" Kirishima pretended to gag.

"Both of you have shitty tastes," Bakugou yelled from the living room.

"Dude, all you eat is spicy food. You wanna talk about shitty? I hate to think about what you do in the bathroom." Kaminari snickered.

Bakugou launched a pillow at Kaminari with a tiny explosion after it which left a small burn mark on the cloth before Denki blew a raspberry. Bakugou ran into the kitchen and chased the boy around the kitchen island. Everyone heard tiny explosions and dishes knocking together.

Both of the girls managed to slip past them into the living room.

"Who knew getting snacks could turn so violent?" Y/n said going back to her original position on the couch, and curling her legs into her chest.

Sero chuckled, "It's funny how simple everyday things become an argument around here. Last week, those two broke a mirror over whether oranges were named after the color or the color orange was named after the fruit."

"The color came first!"

"Come back here so I can beat your ass!"

She gave a distracted chuckle and began to play in her hair again. She searched for the right time to continue their morning conversation. A way to ask in a natural conversation and not—

"So what did you want to ask me this morning? Before Shinsou interrupted?"

—jump right into it.

"What? Oh right, that." She kept a downward gaze.

'Come on Y/n. Think of something.'

"Did you go through my phone?" She made eye contact.

"How did you know?" He mumbled.

"I noticed how low the phone brightness was, and the fact that it was on silent. Also, some of my cousin's texts that I don't remember opening were shown as seen."

Sero looked around and scratched the back of his hand, "I'm gonna be honest, yes. I'm really, truly sorry. I kinda got carried away trying to turn it down. That's a shitty excuse but, I didn't expect you to find out. I forgot you were that observant," The two shared a slight grin.