Prologue I

Espresso's POV:
It was 8:30 am, and I was in the middle of Chemistry. The lesson was noisy, and I was pretty sick of it. The teacher silences the class and informs them about a project. Which was worth 'most of our grade'. I don't usually mind projects. Well, until it's a group/pair project. She announced that she would be selecting the pairs, which annoyed some of the class. I don't care too much, As long I'm not with anyone exceptionally irritating. And as if I predicted the future, she asked Madeleine! That obnoxiously loud person. She asked him to be my project partner. I've never felt so repulsed in my life, and as I was about to put my hand up to complain, he waved to me and introduced himself. He seemed to keep speaking about the Divine or something. Not too sure.
'Espressooo??'
'Yes Madeleine, I am listening'
'Are you alright? You seem tired. You should have a rest when you get home'
I sighed and nodded my head. Before he left, he gave me a slip of paper with his phone number. I thanked him and watched him return to his seat. Now I can go back to spacing out.

The rest of the day went by quickly, and I waited for my cousin, Latte.
'Hey Espresso, you alright? You look pretty stressed.'
I shrugged and proceeded to describe the situation. Latte stared at me blankly and then reassured me about Madeleine.
'Don't worry. He is not as annoying as you described. Madeleine is just... talkative.
She has been paired up with him a few times and became friends.
'Really, you shouldn't worry too much. He is alright if you manage to not focus on how much of a pain in the ass he can be at times.'
I sighed and walked home, with her trailing behind, texting someone. When I arrived at my home, she waved at me before going to her own home.

I stared at my 'home' and then walked in. I try to avoid staying for too long since it isn't the most comfortable. I washed the rice a few times before switching on the rice cooker. I also prepared some coffee. I took the coffee and my bag to my room. I sat on my bed, spaced out and eventually remembered to add Madeleine as a contact.

Madeleine

Hello Madeleine, this is Espresso.

Hey Espresso! Any ideas on the project?

I just got home, so I have no ideas.

Alright then, I'll start researching, have a good rest.

Thank you, goodbye.

Bye!

I tried to clear my mind. Eventually, sleep caught up to me.

Madeleine's POV:
Well, now I need to start working on the project. I can't fail this time, unlike last time. My phone is on do not disturb since I don't feel like replying to anyone. I switched my laptop on and started typing.
After writing two paragraphs, my mum asked to me come downstairs for tea. She made spaghetti. I thanked her and began eating. I started wondering how Espresso is doing. I took my phone out, switched do not disturb off and began texting.

Ess :)

Espresso, you alright? It's been a few hours.

As expected, he didn't reply. He must have been exhausted. I finished the spaghetti after putting my phone down and washed the dishes while listening to music.

Ess :)

Yes, I am alright. I have slept well, thanks for worrying.

That's good to hear!

Have you done anything on the project yet?

Yes, I have! Currently, have a few paragraphs done.

That's great to know. Please can you share the document with me,
so I can add some information.

Of course, give me a second.

I sent the project after going back to my bedroom, and he thanked me before going offline. He instantly started working on the project, and I decided to have a nap for a while.

The next day at 5 am (Espresso's POV):
I woke up after my 30-minute nap. Latte texted me, reminding me it was the weekend. I replied with an 'OK' and made myself some breakfast. I decided to go to the library to study after eating my breakfast. I noticed Madeleine texted me.

Madeleine

Good night Espresso!

I wonder why he bothers texting me. Isn't it obvious that I won't be replying to such ridiculous small talk? But I decided to respond to him since I did feel bad. I really should be going to the library now.

Madeleine's POV:
My alarm went off at 7 am. I snoozed it and went back to sleep.

Words: 771
AN: Sorry for the large amount of ANs (if that is considered a large amount), if anyone's OOC (Out Of Character) since I'm not too good at understanding emotions. I made this at something am, so I was pretty tired. I got bored and decided to make some fanfic despite being atrocious at English and horrible at understanding feelings or personalities!'
Other than that, please enjoy reading this (::
- Acid