Chapter I

A few years later (Espresso's POV):
Sometimes, I would think about the past when I was not working on my experiments. Remembering the past is a waste of time, so I spend many hours, minutes, and seconds working on creating a pure form of energy using caffeine. Maybe I'm only doing that as a distraction. I don't know, and I don't feel like caring either. One day, I would forget altogether and be able to live my life in peace. Due to being distracted by the past, my experiment exploded. It irritates me when my experiments fail after working on them for days (sometimes even longer). I sighed and started cleaning up. I heard a knocking on the door, which doesn't usually happen this early morning. I opened it and saw Gingerbrave. He delivers notices from Pure Vanilla and decides on who does what.
'Hey Espresso!'
'Hello. Isn't it too early for you to be awake?'
He disregarded my question and continued speaking.
'There is someone who you may know from the Creme Republic moving into our kingdom.'
'Latte?' I hoped it was not anyone else.
'Who's that?
Oh. I decided not to reply.
'Then I will not be involved in whatever you are planning. Apologies.'
'That's alright. They would most likely speak to you eventually.'
'Ok then.' I hope not.
'That's all the notices. Bye!'
'Bye.'
I watched him jog back to his house. I have so many questions about him. Some examples are: Isn't he 12? Why does he have a job as a 12-year-old? Why does he live alone as a child? Why did he wake up, only to give me a notice? Whatever, I can't say anything specific about him based on some concerns I have. He may be struggling with something like money, and I can not judge him.
Latte's still in the Republic I think. But my first concern is now that I need to figure out who the 'someone who is moving to our kingdom' is. Right before I could get back to my experiment, I heard a knock. Again. At the door was Seaweed.
'Hi Espresso.'
'Hi Seaweed, it's been quite a while.'
'Yes, it has. I'm only visiting since I would have to get back to my job.'
'Aw. What do you work as?'
'A gravedigger. The Creme Republic is worse than before. They have been treating the people in the Lower City worse. And they discontinued burials for the deceased for us. So I decided to bury the dead to allow them eternal rest and peace.'
'That is great of you! But the Creme Republic must be even more horrible now.'
'Yup.'
I felt grateful that she was the one who was visiting or staying here and not anyone else.
'Does anyone know that you are here?'
'No. I snuck on an airship. Some blonde guy with long hair is staying for some reason. I will have to go back in a few minutes' I froze. Did she mean him? That thing? That disgustingly obnoxious thing?
'You alright? I will have to go now.'
'Oh! Bye, stay safe.'
'Bye. Please visit at some point.'
They waved quickly before running to the balloon port. I waved back and sighed. I hope he isn't here. It could be some random blonde guy with long hair. It could be Clotted Cream but with long hair. He was an alright person, not too rude. But he stopped speaking to me after he got adopted by Custard. I'm still not sure why, but I hope he is happier now. It could be anyone. I don't care too much unless it is Madeleine. I do not want to breathe the same air as him. I do not want to see that grin ever again. I do not want to be in the same world as him. Then I realised I was still standing outside. I quickly entered my home and locked the door. This will be a long day...

Words: 672
AN: Sorry for the short chapter! I have been feeling more tired lately. This was made when I published the Prologue so I probably wouldn't be when this is published (with Chapter II maybe). Grammarly really seems to hate it when I make dialogue for some reason ahaha. (Edit: nevermind, I am on the verge of falling asleep at any moment)
Quick edit. Seaweed uses she/her. Apologises for inconvenience