Chapter VIII

Espresso's POV:
Well. Uh. That was unexpected. I feel bad. Anyways, why is Madeleine wearing my cloak?
'Uhmm... I think.' Yeah, believable. Having someone say that must be disturbing.
'You sure? We could go back to my place.' He nodded his head slowly and walked away.
'Wait, where was the glazed doughnut shop?' Of course, he's acting like nothing happened, like always.
'Down the road. About 200 metres. I'll take you there if you want.'
'Yeah, please. Thanks.'
The walk there was silent. Not awkward or anything. It was more... comfortable. Like that silence that makes you feel calm. It was silent until he walked into a pole.
'You okay?'
'Yeah. Oh, we're here.' On the right was the glazed doughnut shop. It's one of my favourite places to be since it's usually quiet and there's a nice little corner that I always sit in. Well, I was a regular, before I went broke again. It was quite... expensive. We went inside and heard some muttering from the counter.
'Hello, Strawberry Crepe.' A Wafflebot lifted them.
'The usual?' They were holding a notebook with Wafflebot design drafts on a page.
'Yeah, thanks.' Strawberry Crepe's kind of like my child. Well, they just clung onto me at some point and I visit often to make sure they're doing okay. I have to pay for the doughnuts since they call my payment pocket money. I feel bad for not coming here as often.
'Why's that little corner you regularly sit in always smelling of highly concentrated coffee bean extract? It makes the whole building smell weird and everyone that comes here always avoids that corner!' Yeah, uhm. I may have made little blocks that make the whole area smell of coffee and placed them under that table so that no one spills anything onto it or takes my corner as theirs.
'Oops. My bad.'
'Yeah, whatever. Here are your glazed doughnuts. Might have added too much sugar.' I thanked them and instantly bit into one of them gooey delights. The taste of toothpaste filled my mouth. I put that down. And picked up another one and bit it, hoping that be a normal one. It was salt. I glared at them, who were chuckling.
'Strawberry Crepe.'
'Your breath stinks! I was doing you a favour. And you need to make your breath fresh before making out with that blondie over there.'
'Wait, shit. I forgot that Madeleine was there. He was standing there, pink. Well yeah makes sense why they'd say the first part, but THAT.
'I'll stop paying the rent for the shop.'
'And I'll stop making the glazed doughnuts for you. There's no other shop with such delicious glazed doughnuts.' They stuck out their tongue and laughed more. 'As well I give you DISCOUNTS since you're BROKE.'
'Fine. Fine. Just remake my order, please.'
'You forgot to pay!' I gave the payment. They went back to frying them. 'Wait, I forgot! The other doughnuts and the coffee are not tampered with, don't worry. Let your little boyfriend have some as well. Don't be greedy.' I will choke you by your little neck.
'Done! Here, they got little pride flags to show you're a homo. No need to hide that peepaw.'
'I'm not that old.'
'Says you. Your hair is greying!' That's my hair dye.
'I'm 7years older than you.'
'You're an adult. I'm not. There's a big difference!' I gave up. No way that they are not going to come up with something like 'You're old and gay for that blondie.' Nothing wrong with being 'old' and gay. But why did they choose to say that to him? Specifically. Why.
'Oh, by the way, those stupid little blocks you made for the coffee container are too concentrated! The customers said that the coffee is too bitter, so I sliced it in half.' I feel like the halves are very uneven.
'I took so long measuring them...'
'Well, here's your order and another halved coffee block since I only put one half in.' I thanked them and sat down.
I was supposed to rent a studio for them to make Wafflebots, but that was too expensive. So I decided to rent a doughnut shop with space in the back. It is a 2 in 1. They only used the back. But I managed to convince them to use the shop after lecturing them about getting rich. It appears that they are enjoying being rich a lot.

Words: 745
This chapter was supposed to be at least 1k words, but waffled on for too long. This is probably more of a filler and a introduction to more people since only writing that 'Espresso's a homo for another homo' every 2 seconds gets boring. Everyone just feels very OOC, which is pretty annoying. Well, I guess it's just since I don't play as much. Losing too much motivation lmao.
Edit: Was really supposed to write another chapter earlier... uhhhh I forgot to. So this is kind of like a 'Ah shit I forgot to do anything, let's send the chapter I have not grammar checked' situation. I probably should just discontinue this is I'm just being that inconsistent about writing this. It's kinda draining to write in full grammar to try looking more 'professional or some shit' and keep writing about characters I'm not even hyper?fixated on anymore. Love you all though, might return when school starts since I call this 'homework' and draining myself more seems to help? does it? uhh undrain I guess?? Ehhh... depends. I'm currently hyper?fixated on Genshin though... so updates might still be slow if I return. Sorry. <\3