Paperwork

Alright fine, was he meant to finish all his paperwork and hand it in by the end of they day? Yes. Did he get sidetracked by the group of absolutely adorable bunnies outside playing together? Maybe. Was he currently running to a meeting he was already late to with two suitcases full of unfinished paperwork?
...
Also yes.

But in his defense they were bunnies! How could he not watch them? They were just to adorable not to! You can't look at their little twitching noses and their floppy ears and say no to watching them hop and run around all day, that would simply be unreasonable.
Besides it's not like he actually planned on staring out the window all day, it just kinda happened... ya know? So if you think about it, could someone really blame him? He knew more than one other countries who would do the exact same thing, although some of them would have probably finished their paperwork before doing that...
Okay, point is, not his fault.
But damn did he regret it now, because let me tell you, having to go all the way up to the attic and dig around an entire city of items that had been hoarded over the decades with only an hour until the meeting was not fun. It was an actual maze in there with booby traps set from floor to ceiling. He had got bored awhile ago and decided that the only thing that could possibly entertain him was to recreate the room into an inescapable death trap. Actually he was pretty sure that the blue prints he had created for it was in someplace around here-
No Alfred! We're not looking for that, if you look for it then we'll be here all week, nevermind the fact if you were to actually get ahold of it, only the gods know you'll find something that you can upgrade and then spend a whole other month redesigning the complete entirety attic. Although his previously crushed hopes were immediately enlightened when he saw what he was looking for in a far corner of the room.
With no hesitation (well maybe some from the old books he found along the way that he was tempted to read) he dashed towards the objects, avoiding the stray items sprawled along the floor and halted. In front of him, built towers and unstable forts of suitcases.
Wait, suitcases? Why the hell does he have a whole town of fûcking suitcases??

Ah yes. Over all his trips and holidays, Alfred had created a village of around 25 different suitcases, all forgotten and abandoned as his 'job' grew more in importance. With him being a super power country and all, any spare time for adventuring to explore the world was taken.
Such a fun time he did have learning about others cultures and traditions though, as well as the adventuring deep into jungles and forests, maybe he should try and get a few days off to go somewhere? Perhaps he could go visit Area 51 while he was at it as well? It had been a good while since he last went there.

Anywho, getting back on track and remembering the limited time he had before Germany gave him another one of his glares (jeez did they give him shivers), Alfred wasted no precious seconds in snatching two of the closest suitcases and hauling them across the attic to the ladder, before then hauling himself across said attic to said ladder.

Needless to say that while, yes, it looked like he would be on time for the meeting, his body was absolutely going to ache later, courtesy to the amount of things (including himself) he had yeeted as an attempt to not be late.

Alfred had so far managed to get the suitcases in his car and sped off away from his home, somehow all the while managing to follow the law. Sure, if he was late again then he would have to face the unforgiving wrath of Iggy and Germany, but that doesn't mean he would go to the lengths of possibly hurting someone to avoid it. He remembered when a deer had ran out into the road, he had taken a wild swerve to avoid it, however accidentally proceeding to crash his car into another. The blonde country had immediately jumped out of his seat to check on the passengers, guilt filling up within him as he saw one of the young children in the car with a minor bruise staring to form on their forehead, despite the blood flowing from his own arm. He had payed for all the damage to be fixed and had even given an extra few hundred to the mother as an apology. He wished that he could of given more, however that was all he had in his wallet at the time. But ever since that incident he had been much more aware on the road and made sure to follow each and every driving law correctly.

He got to the car park of the building, getting out and snatching the luggage from the boot. The suitcases practically flew in the air as he ran to the entrance, pushing past the doors and frantically pulling his ID out to show security. They had said that he didn't need to, but he liked having a reason to show off his (very cool) lanyard attached to it. So far everything was going well, and he still had a few minutes to spare, perhaps he would actually be on time for once.

Or perhaps not... The first obstacle that he was faced with was the stairs. The elevator was currently out of order, due to an incident that had absolutely nothing to do with him, and was still in the working of being fixed. Now, America was a strong country. He could lift much more weight then the average human, and perhaps just a bit more then the other countries. So he could easily get up a few flights of stairs, no problemo; it was going up with the suitcases (and an additional briefcase) that was the difficult bit. No matter what position he held them in, it didn't feel secure enough that he would be able to make it all the way to the room without dropping something. So he did the only responsible thing he could think of; he opened the suitcases and began to take the paperwork out. Stacking them on top of each other evenly, every so often patting down the sides to push any papers sticking out back in place. Once he had finished unloading everything, he was left with two stacks of neatly placed paper. It was time for the hardest part of his mission; picking up the towers and putting them securely in each arm. The first was easy, as he had two free hands to help him, the second however was a pain of the spine. He had managed to push it over to a wall, lifting the bottom and quickly sliding his hand under, carefully rising and adjusting it the best he could. Okay, he had done that, now he just had to actually get up the stairs. Easy right?

Guess what? You guessed wrong suckers. When he was younger, Alfred had a lot of free time on his hands, add that to Britain's high standard in etiquette plus America's constant need for praise and approval, you get tiny Alfred putting books on his head and balancing them as he tried to walk. It took a lot of tries and bruises, but by the time of a few years, our little blonde boy was an expert in balance. Not to mention with the additional multitasking and panic grabbing before meetings; he had got holding a large amount of things at once without dropping them in the bag. So going up the stairs with two truck loads of paperwork was to put it in a word: easy :)

Opening the door to the meeting however, was not easy. The door was a bulky one, and could only be opened with his, the countries, and a select few others ID cards. It was protocol and had been installed when a human had got lost and accidentally entered into a meeting of full-out chaos. After that incident, they had all agreed to the idea of an ID lock.

Now usually, all America had to do was pull it out from his front pocket, but at the moment, those actions were simply not possible. He tried going on his tip toes in hopes that his card and the scanner would be in close enough range that it would be able identify him, but to no avail, the scanner was too high up.

His eye bowed furrowed, face scrunching up in a frustrated pout. His eyes drifted to the door, morphing into a glare.

He knew what he had to do.

Taking a step back and properly adjusting the papers in his arms, he kicked at the door full force, the piece of metal and wood flinging of off its hinges.

"AMERICA WHAT THE FUCK?!"

And oh look, he was right on time.

~~~~~

It's been 4 months since I posted-
If you're still reading this then thanks for not giving up on my book :)
Also, 29.6k views?! That's incredible! I never imagined so many people reading this, I hope you all have a lovely day/night or whatever time it is for you.
Goodbye! :]

Word Count: 1588