Killer Queen {Chapter 9}

Warnings: violence and fighting, injury, emotional distress, swear words, terrible spanish because im still in spanish 1

Word count: 1177

~~~~~~~~~

One of Harrow's followers had my cane, so I snuck around, trying to find where he went. I find him killing several innocent citizens with Ammit's power. As I was about to surprise attack him, someone flies in and knocks him out.

It's Layla and she looks amazing! She's got these golden wings and this Egyptian outfit and holy shit. Where did this come from?

"Amaris, get out of here," she tells me, looking straight into my eyes. Nodding profusely, I pry my cane out of the unconscious person's fingers and find an alleyway.

I still want to fight. I want to help but I need a second to breath. I'm still in a hell of a lot of pain. 

The screams of all the people of Cairo fill the air. God do I hate being a good person...

Sighing, I find myself walking out of the alley and actually helping people. One of the cult members, who was doing the judgment thing to a poor crying woman, doesn't pay me any attention. Big mistake buddy. I sock the guy right in the face and he falls backward, the woman backing away.

The guy stands up, stumbling over his own feet as he was clearly caught off guard. I punch him straight in the nose while he's still reorienting himself. I knock him out and leave him there. 

The woman says something in Arabic, looking quite relieved. I assume she thanked me. I nod and go on my way. I wish I could tell her not to worry but I don't speak her language.

The two gods still fight by the pyramid but they're far away enough it doesn't affect me right now.

I unsheathe my cane sword.

"Amaris?" I hear a familiar voice say, but amongst the commotion, I can't tell who it is. Regardless, I look around, trying to find who said my name. Then I heard it again but this time I'm able to pinpoint where it was coming from.

Running with my cane sword in hand, I spot my dad? I am honestly so confused. I saw him die.

He's in his Moon Knight suit, running around doing Moon Knight shit.

"Sweetie, honey, find somewhere safe to hide," he tells me, punching a guy.

A sharp pain echoes through my rib cage, causing me to cry out in pain.

"Oh god, are you okay?" Steven asks, in his fancy white suit.

"I'm good. I'm good," I assure them.

They give me a worried look but end up having to walk away because someone else needed help. I lean against a building as I push through the pain. 

"Amaris Spector..." I hear the all so familiar voice of Arthur Harrow. I roll my eyes because right now I do not have the time for this.

Taking a deep breath, I glare, "What do you want?"

"Ammit requires a sacrifice. Who better than the daughter of her ex lover?" he tells me, looking all holier-than-thou.

"Yeah, hell to the fuck no," I inch away in complete pain. I hold up my cane sword in self defense, prepared to stab the bastard.

"You should know it is for the greater good," he walks around, "I'm sorry it had to be this way... I really did like you."

He takes a step forward and I take a step back. 

"Fuck off, dude," I warn, still holding onto my cane sword. I know I won't be able to outrun him with my current rib injury. 

Then out of nowhere, Harrow gets socked in the face by Moon Knight. I stumble backward in surprise, landing on some old crates. That honestly really hurt.

"Stay away from my daughter," he says, then he turns to me, "Go Amaris."

Nodding, I pick myself up and try to get away. Honestly, I think I would fare better if I just stayed home, expelled and all. At least then, I wouldn't be injured.

I find my way to a river somehow, despite moving incredibly slow. Right now, I feel safe for a brief minute. I breath for the first time in a long time. I hear the chaos of the city, see the two gods fight. Khonshu better explain everything once this is all over.

I think my ribs are feeling better? I can't honestly do anything about them but just leave them be. I don't know. I am not a doctor.

I stand up abruptly, which was definitely not a good idea because that just worsened everything.

The gods had stopped fighting and silence fills the air. I find my way into downtown Cairo where I spot Layla and my dad fighting Harrow. They disappear and reappear throughout the city, so I follow them to the pyramid we were at originally.

"Finish it, and leave neither of them alive. While he lives, so too does she..." I hear Khonshu say as I find my way inside.

Layla, my dad and Khonshu are all standing over Harrow, who is on his knees.

"I have to finish this. If not, I'll never be free," Marc says, remorse in his voice. I slide my way behind Layla, feeling Khonshu's gaze drift to me. 

"Marc! You have a choice. You are free," Layla tells him.

 Khonshu sighs, "The choice is vengeance. We cannot take the chance that Ammit finds a way out. She will kill again." 

My dad glances over at Harrow, but then he turns around to see Layla and me. I'm honestly not sure what he's going to choose.

"Now you sound just like her," I hear my dad mumble, "You want them dead... Do it yourself. Now, release us." 

Disappointed, Khonshu says, "As you wish."

The bird lifts his arms up and you can see something leave Marc.

~~~~~~~~~~

Sitting at home trying to wait out the rest of my expulsion with severe pains in my chest. Layla is gone on an expedition to the Congo. Good for her but now I'm alone.

"Amaris," the oh-so familiar voice of Khonshu rumbles through the house. I can still see him, despite him no longer having Marc and Steven under his control.

"I assume you're going to explain everything?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

"In due time," he tilts his head, "Take my hand."

Sighing, I take it. What's the worst that can happen? I break my ribs?

He lifts his other hand and suddenly, we are not in my house. We are somewhere else, but where is that? We're in an empty parking lot of a local grocery store I do not recognize and it is much later than it was at home.

"Where are we?" I ask and a loud vroom of a car startles me. Looking around, I see a white stretch limo with an interesting license plate.

"I may no longer have Marc and Steven as my avatars but they did not know of another. And frankly, he does what he's told," Khonshu explains, but still it doesn't make sense until the driver opens the door on the left side and walks out.

He looks like my dad but not. Slightly angrier and has a sweet hat on.

"Hola, es un placer conocerte finalmente [Hello, it's nice to finally meet you]," he says, "My name is Jake Lockley, love."

~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: But wait! Don't go! This may be the end of this story but I'm thinking of a possible sequel that does not follow the storyline of Moon Knight. 100% creative liberty and I've already started planning it. I'm super excited and it has an unexpected plot twist that will leave you on the edge of your seat. That's all I'm going to say about that but it is coming out sometime August 2022.