4. A smoke sesh

Miles held his hand in front of the lighter, shielding it from the wind as I light the joint he had previously rolled. "So.." he said almost like a question, I took a hit and passed the joint to him "so.." I said quietly, I blew smoke out of my mouth repeating his statement and looking off into the distance. "you know you've looked me in my eyes, not even when we where kids, your eyes always shift, up or to the side or to your feet..." I stared at the ground as I heard him exhaling the smoke.. "yea.. I know." I said staring at my feet like the floor was gonna collapse underneath them..

"Why is that?" He asked looking up at the stars while taking a hit and passing the joint.
"Do you want me to be honest..?" I asked still staring at my feet "I mean.. yeah.." he said sorta sarcastic. "You remind me of quint.." he kept his gaze at the sky, im not sure what kind of face he made but he sort of scoffed I continued "you have his hair, your eyes remind me of his, and.. you're like psycho like he was.." Miles jerked his head to look at me, I flinched dropping the joint I was holding between my middle and pointer fingers.. he looked at me with wide eyes and furrowed brows, it was dark and I could only see him through my peripheral view I could barley make out his face.. I backed up a bit.. "I'm scared of you miles.." I said quietly furrowing my rows as I bent down to pick up the joint I had previously dropped.

"What's.. what's wrong with being like quint?" He sounded like he was trying to reassure himself more than he was trying to reassure me "He was the best.." he added. I scoffed in disbelief not letting my gaze leave the ground, I was still to afraid to look up at him.. miles and quint were inseparable, there's no way miles didn't know the things quint had done to me, to many other girls I'm sure..

"The things he's done to me, don't act like you don't know miles." I answered harshly my eyebrows still furrowed as I fidgeted with one of my hands and took a hit of the joint with the other. "What do you mean?" He was still looking at me, I could feel his gaze piercing me. "I just.. I don't want to talk about it miles." I finally turned to face him expecting him to be angry. Instead a worried look plastered his face,

⚠️tw, slight insinuation of sa/pedophila⚠️

"did he.. did he hurt you?"

His question made my eyes well, I felt my throat burn as I began fighting tears. "Yeah.." I then turned my gaze back to my feet as his expression softened, I took a hit of the joint before looking back at him sticking it out for him to take, his gaze was turned back to the stars as he grabbed the lit joint from my hand. "Y/n..."

He said it, like he didn't know the words to describe how he felt or what to say to me..

He then spoke again after a moment of silence, "I looked up to him because even though I loved my dad.. he wasn't around much. I guess I had an idea of what he was doing to women but I didn't really know, so I ignored it.. I'm so, so sorry y/n. I really had no idea he did anything to you though.." "sometimes it's hard to believe the people we look at where pieces of shit, and when they die.. it's even harder.." I said to him while I put my hand gently on-top of his. "Yeah, FUCK YOU QUINT YOU PEICE OF SHIT" he yelled as he stuck up his middle finger at the stables I giggled and wiped away my tears "WHAT HE SAID, FUCK. YOU." I yelled. He chuckled and looked at me "thank you miles.." I said to him as I was looking at my feet. Maybe miles was nice, I forgot about the cat, and the mouse in that moment.. how stupid was I..

I stared at miles while he stared at the sky, slightly smiling still. he was so, lovely.. his curly almost matted black hair fell perfectly right above his gorgeous dark eyes, his lips a pale pink, his skin nearly white almost glowing under the moonlight, with sunken in eyes that had purple bags draped underneath.. it was the first time Ive ever seen him as anything more than a monster.. he side eyed me before speaking "take a picture it'll last longer" he smirked as I became flustered "I wasn-" he cut me off, "sure.." he said as he put out the joint and walked off leaving it on the ground.

                             What a pain...