Missing him-part two

҉ A PrinceSSly CoNNectioN ҉

ChaPtEr TWENTY-FOUR part two _________________________

He looked more handsome than ever.

A subtle scrub was visible on him. Darker than the one he'd sported back in Mexico. He'd had a faded blue t-shirt and light denim jeans. He looked better.

More real.

More...him.

My heart was thumping unsteadily inside me as our gaze locked. His lips had parted and it seemed like he wanted to say something but no sound came out.

I wanted to reach him and pass my arms around him...but...

My heart was broking in a thousand pieces at the same time.

He was not alone.

Behind him was a girl who was staring at me in confusion.

And I just knew...that it was her...

The dreaded girlfriend.

The pressure on my chest tightened and I blinked trying to keep the tears away.

I shouldn't had come.

Not really knowing what to do, I gazed at Danielle who was watching everything unfold with perplexed eyes.

"Jason! You're finally here! You won't believe who's here to see you!" Angela walked out of the kitchen drying her hands on a kitchen towel.

Jason swallowed hard, "I can see, Mom."

Angela turned to me with a smile on her face as Danielle grabbed my arm, "actually, we were in the middle of something, so, I'm just going to-"

"I'm Grace, by the way," the brunette girl next to Jason slapped him playfully on the arm before reaching out her hand, "nice to meet you, Your Highness." She was pretty. Her eyes were big and her features were subtle.

And she might as well have slapped me. A pang of hurt played in my chest as I shook hands with her. "Hi," I murmured awkwardly not looking at Jason at all.

"We'll be right down!" Danielle pulled me to her as her mother was starting to protest. She steered me through the hall to her room. After closing the door, she eyed me with concerned eyes, "are you ok?" Without really noticing where I was, I sat on something padded and placed both hands on my face, breathing out hard. "Marianne?"

"I'm so sorry!" my voice sounded muffled as I swallowed the tears away.

Danielle sat beside me, "Look I have no idea what's going on here but I think you have it all wrong-"

"I should go." I looked up, "I want to go...I need to go..." I glanced at her with teary eyes.

Her eyes were soft and worried. She nodded, "Ok. We'll make something up."

A relieved breath left my mouth as I carefully rubbed my eyes. "Thank you..." I trailed gratefully as she nodded again.

"Can I have your number, though? I'd love to hang out some other time." She took out her phone and I typed my number hastily. "Thanks," she smiled before grabbing the door knob.

We stepped down the stairs and as we reached the front door, Angela walked out of the kitchen, with Jason and Grace right behind her. She frowned, "is everything all right?"

"Marianne just got a phone call. She needs to go," Danielle explained. I glanced at her gratefully.

"But you've been waiting for Jason and you haven't even talked to him!"

"I'm really sorry, Mrs. Lee..."

Her blue eyes softened, "that's all right. He'll walk you out, right?" he glanced at Jason briefly who nodded silently. "It was really nice to meet you. I hope everything is fine."

"Thank you."

"You know, I can walk her out if-"Danielle exclaimed too cheerfully.

"I've got it," Jason's tone of voice was serious and meant no-business. Danielle's brows furrowed as she looked at me.

Jason gestured me to go on. I swallowed hard and a shaky breath left my lips as I managed a small smile directed at the three women in front of us. Danielle's eyes were apprehensive as Grace eyed me warily and nodded coldly. Angela patted me on the arm and grinned friendly as I walked away.

We stepped down the stairs and I was acutely aware of Jason's presence next to me. As I heard the door close, I turned to him with brooding eyes, "I'm sorry, I shouldn't had come."

Jason's grey eyes were set on me. They were intense and searching at the same time.

My breath caught in my chest as we gazed at each other.

"Marianne..."

"I just wanted to say good-bye," I blurted out. It was for the best. I really didn't meant to cause trouble between his girlfriend and him.

His jaw clenched. He averted his eyes for a moment.

In a moment of bravery, I held his arm and pushed myself to kiss him on the cheek.

Good-bye, my love...

His eyes bored into mine as I walked away. Tom was already waiting for me with the car's door open.

Tears rolled down my cheeks as the car roared to life. I placed a hand on my mouth trying to muffle a sob.

I didn't look at him as the car started to roll down the street.

___________________________________________________________________

THIS IS NOT THE END, people!

and I sure hope this is not a cliffhanger???? Oh well...I didn't mean it this time...buuuuuuuuut next chapter is on Jason's POV, so I had to end it here...

I do have to admit that I've been laughing all day long at your comments! I love you guys. I do. Even if I'm a meanie :)

Don't be shy and follow me on Instagram and twitter (although I usually post food and random comments... :) ) @gabycabezut

and don't forget about my fb page: www.facebook.com/shygabs/

Oh and if you want to send me a cover or banner, I'll gladly put it up on the chapter. But please put your name in it because I'm really forgetful!

Lots of love,

Gabs :)