Memories...

Chapter's song: Hoy me voy by Juanes and Paula Fernandes (it's such a beautiful song, do hear it...)

ChaPtEr THIRTY-SIX _________________________

Memories...

Jason's POV

Danielle had been talking non-stop about her. How good-looking she was. How nice she'd always acted around them. How much she'd been in pain while I was unconscious.

She had not made her justice.

I couldn't keep my eyes off her.

She was tall and elegant in that inconspicuous kind of way. She had no idea how the room lit as she entered. She hadn't said a word and I was completely enthralled. She had this sort of presence and she was completely unaware of it.

I'd tried to remember.

My head had been hurting for the last two days as I tried to remember what happened.

Nothing.

I couldn't remember anything that I'd done for the last three months.

And apparently my life had turnaround.

I'd bought a loft.

I'd left the navy.

I had a dog.

Last, but not least, apparently, I had a girlfriend.

A princess, none the less.

A bloody princess.

How the hell did that happen?

The worst part?

I couldn't explain it but I knew that everything was true.

The last time I'd seen Princess Marianne was through a different set of pictures printed on one of those shitty magazines my sister likes to read. I always thought she was a snob like most royals. And she probably was...but apparently I was completely smitten by her.

Well, damn.

I couldn't remember her...but I had this urge to protect her...to be with her...

Then she appeared by the door and she wasn't even looking at me and I knew it was her.

Fuck me.

She was clearly having second thoughts and I just....I just wanted to make her feel right.

It was unnerving and confusing.

But I wanted to know everything about her. About...us...

And when she blushed...well, I'll be damned...I was completely turned on and I had the sudden urge to hold her in my hands.

What the hell had she done to me?

Those hazel eyes were the most intriguing thing I'd ever laid eyes on. And don't get me going on those luscious pink lips...I wanted to claim them for me.

However, according to her (and my annoying sister), I'd been acting out like an ass.

Fuck.

I so wanted to remember.

The brief moment I touched her, this stupid current ran through me. And I just wanted to touch her more. So, before she left, I couldn't hold myself and I raised my arms to hug her; wishing her a happy birthday was my lame excuse...

But then...this overwhelming feeling washed over me. And she left almost in tears. Something tugged inside my chest as I saw her teary eyes.

I wanted to make everything right. To make her smile...to make her happy...

So, I was completely out of it when my sister arrived an hour later.

I couldn't keep Marianne out of my mind.

I couldn't stop thinking about her.

I couldn't fight the urge to comfort her.

A sharp pain burst on my right knee. Confused, I looked at my sister as my mother giggled like a little girl. "What the hell?" I blinked at her. She had her arms crossed and was looking at me with a wide smirk on her face. Which revealed that she'd been the culprit.

She raised an eyebrow, "You're like a zombie, Jason! Completely spaced-out. Worse than last week." I rolled my eyes, "seriously."

I shrugged. I didn't want to talk about it. It was confusing and quite pathetic, to be honest.

She narrowed her eyes at me, "I can't believe that I didn't see her! I made her brownies!"

I snorted, "I'm sure she has the most luscious birthday cake in all of England."

She glared as she muttered angrily, "stop being an ass, Jason."

"I'm not-"I started out when I stopped myself. I was. I was being judgmental and prejudiced. Fuck. And I just knew that I'd been like that before. It was probably why we'd fought.

"Do you remember anything about her?" Danielle asked softly as our got a phone call.

Softly, I shook my head. "No..."

"Anything?" she asked hopelessly as she sat on the sofa's armchair.

I swallowed hard. "I care about her," I bobbed my head, "I know that much."

Danielle watched me for a moment as a smile played on face. "Well, that's good!"

I shrugged, "I guess."

She leaned closer to me, "she's the best thing that has ever happened to you. Don't screw that up." Her grey eyes were serious and menacing at the same time. Like she was completely on her side.

"I want to see her," I blurted out exasperated. "It's like she fucking shifted something inside of me and now I just have the urge to be around her. Like a stupid fly or whatever."

My sister laughed at me. "So, go for it!" I raised an eyebrow. "She has a party tonight, you know?" she shrugged, "you could call her and try to be there for her. I'm sure it will mean a lot. Plus," she wriggled her eyebrows, "I'm sure she's going to look amazingly good. Who knows? Maybe some other guy could comfort her, you know?"

I knew she was messing up with me.

But this murderous feeling ran through me at the thought of seeing her with someone else.

And I had to do something about it.

My eyes turned to my sister. She was eying me like she was thinking the same thing.

I smiled at her.

"Let's do it," I stated confidently as her eyes sparkled mischievously.

__________________________________________________________________________________

So, first of all, I chose this song (even if I don't understand half of it because it's on Portuguese, LOL) because it's so beautiful and heartbreaking at the same time. The title, Hoy me voy, means I leave today and it talks about two lovers who are saying goodbye to each other even when it's pretty clear that they're completely in love. I LOVED IT and I've been hearing it non-stop since yesterday and for some reason, I thought it was appropiate for this chapter.

Also, I have to be honest with you guys, most of you are not happy about the whole amnesia thing. I really don't know where it came from, but it feels right for me. So, if you have faith in me as a writer, bear with me :)

This is up for the wattys, so pleeeaaaaaseeeee, I've never won anything on Wattpad and it would be awesome if this story were featured in any category :) So please vote!! and share!!

OH!!! There's going to be a small bonus chapter on Prince with Benefits featured on Wattpad's Block Party tomorrow. So check that out too :)

Love you all!

Gabs