17

Heyy guys this is more of a filler chapter so bear with me, cause shit is about to go down in a few chapters. 

Jou teri khaatir tarpay, 
Pehlay see hee, 
Kya ussay tarpana, 
Oh zaalima ,
Oh zaalima.

One month later

University was going in a full swing. The professors have been giving us a lot of assignments but that's what university life is. I have gotten along well with my classmates. We all had a few group bonding activities, like we went hiking together and then we got breakfast quite a lot of times. They invite me to their night plans as well, but they know that me and Salaar always skip them cause they involve alcohol and we obviously can't consume that. 

 I had become good friends with Salaar whilst working on the project with him. He's even become really good friends with Henna. I'm not going to lie, when I say I have a tiny crush on him, but even if I want to do anything, I can't do anything about it. Salaar, still doesn't know that I'm married and I feel like an asshole hiding this from him. The thing is, we get a long really well, we get each other's humor and he listens to me when I talk. If I tell anyone about this, they'd say its the bare minimum. I, sometimes feel like he likes me to, well that's what Henna says, because she's caught him staring at me a lot of times. But I don't know what to tell you, he's a gentleman. 

As for things at home, baba has been recovering pretty steadily. The doctor has just told him to avoid any sort of stress for at least six to eight months so that his heart can repair otherwise he could have something major. Aunty has been coming home on Fridays and she leaves on Sundays. With baba's permission to avoid her, I stay with Henna in these days and that's perfect because we go shopping for her wedding like that. 

Henna has been glowing and I couldn't be happier for her. As per Henna's requests, we aren't getting a ready made bridal and because it is Henna's wedding its got to have that extra oomph. So I'm designing the dress. We had sat down and she told me what colors she wanted for her big day. I sketched it out and once it was approved by everyone in the family, I sent it to Salaar and he made a digitally. Henna's brother, who's in Pakistan right now, is going to this guy, who's bringing the dress to life and I can't wait for Henna to wear and leave everyone speechless. 

A week later

Salaar and I had completed the first bit of the project and that was sketching out the designs by hand and it was time for Ms. Williams to see the initial designs and we were to give a presentation to the audience as if we were on SharkTank. I was really really nervous cause our idea was not similar to the others. Their themes were like mainly winter essentials and what you need in your wardrobe and ours was completely different. But I didn't have to show them I was nervous, I took a deep breath in and both me and Salaar started talking about our projects, I could see that Ms. Williams was giving us an encouraging smile. 

We were asked about budgeting on the brand, by Mr. Clark, the marketing instructor. I confidently replied to him, that all of these dresses would be made from Pakistan, so the overall cost of the dress would be very less once converted to Canadian dollars. I could tell that the teachers were really impressed by it and I was constantly muttering an Alhamdullilah. After we finished up our presentation, me and Salaar were asked to stay back in the conference room whilst everyone left. My nervousness rushed back but I kept it at bay, when Dr. Chen the head of department stood up and started clapping.

He then proceeded to say,

"I have never seen a more excellent presentation by students in their first semester, the intricacy of these designs, the details, the accessorizing, everything is top tier. I want to put forward an offer for you two. There's this fashion exhibition, where students set up their little stalls with details about their brand. If the investors like your project, they'll invest and you will have your own up and running business. It's registrations are open for another week, so if you want to go ahead with this come to my office and let me know. I would be proud to mentor you two, through this business of yours, its got real scope"