24

The chapter y'all have been quite literally waiting for 😭😭 Buckle up cause major tea is about to be spilled

Shehryar POV

Flashback starts

Four years ago

Its been almost four years to mine and Mila's nikkah. I still haven't told anyone, I am thinking about telling mom soon, so that we can have our Walima and we don't have to meet like this in secret. After our nikkah, I bought Mila an apartment in downtown Toronto, but she refused to live there, until I moved there with her full time. So she was living in her parent's house, whilst taking care of their business.

You could say, that we're doing good career wise, because right now I'm the COO at baba's company and I'm training to be the CEO, whereas Mila has taken over her dad's company. It's my 25th birthday today, I think tonight would be the best night to tell mom because she's been nagging me to get married for a while.

That night, I got ready and told mom I had a call, went to pick Mila and came back home. Mila was so nervous, that she couldn't even come in. I held her hand and kissed it, trying to calm her down. I didn't notice but ammi was standing right infront of me and seeing this the dishes fell right out of her hand,

"Shehryar, iss larki ka haath choro yeh kon hai?", she screamed at me
(Shehryar leave her hand, who is she?)

To her screaming and my surprise, Saima rushed out of the kitchen, great if one troublemaker wasn't enough, I have two. Rolling my eyes, I let go of Mila's hand and ushered everyone to the living room. I told ammi, the entire truth on how much I liked her and under what circumstances, our nikkah had taken place.

By the time I was done speaking, ammi stormed out of the room, followed by Saima and obviously this all making Mila cry. Freaking out, about who to go after, I decided to console my wife first. She asked me to take her back to her place and handle the scenario here. I dropped her back home and nervously paced outside the house for about half an hour to get my head clear to talk to ammi. I walked in and there sat ammi and Saima, with a smiling face. I was a bit confused but then ammi spoke up,

"I spoke to your father and he talked some sense into me, so I'm geniunely happy for you, your father is gonna come to Canada in three days and we can have the Walima two weeks from now", she said.

I was shocked but I was extremely happy that ammi had accepted mine and Mila's relationship. I went and called Mila when I went to my bedroom upstairs and told her the entire situation. She couldn't believe it and was really excited for us officially announcing ourselves being husband and wife to the world.

A month had now passed in a blur, both of us had gone to Maldives for our honeymoon. In the past month, other than our Walima, baba gave me charge as the CEO, because he was really proud of me and said that I was mature enough now to be CEO. This was by far, the best year of my life. Being the CEO has been hectic and I have been working late. It has been affecting mine and Mila's relationship because I haven't been able to give time to her a lot. When I walk into our room at night, I can see that she has been crying herself to sleep and I feel responsible for it. When I ask her about it in the morning, she just brushes it off by saying that she missed her family. But I think its because that I haven't been able to give the both of us time.

Anyway, today is our fourth nikkah anniversary. I know, some might say its insensitive that I'm celebrating it, considering this was the day her parents died but we talked about this and she told me that it was okay and we could celebrate it. I decided to take an early day off and stopped at flower market to get her a bouquet of roses and then surprise her to a romantic evening getaway.