Chapter 5 - Brain Splattered -

The dust this time disperses to reveal both broken blades of Tsugi and Rengoku's, as well as the sun. Kyojuro painfully pants, with Y/n dropping his sword from the stinging pain he felt from the impact.

"Where... where is he...? is he dead? he's gone... he must've been burnt away, right?" Inosuke questioned. "No... no, I don't smell the ashes..." Tanjiro pinched his own nose, while taking a sight of the pillars.

"Rengoku!" Tengen approached. as the sun burns Akaza's arm, and Kyojuro bleeds out. Tanjiro lets out a final scream and collapses to his knees, crying, and Inosuke starts to shake.

Kyojuro looks over at him and smiles, then taking a sight to his student, whom was on his knees, head down.
"Tsugi... Y/n-san." Rengoku calls out.
Y/n had a firm grip on his sword. then showed his teary face. "Rengoku-san... I tried so hard and got so much far."

"But in the end, it doesn't even matter anymore. all the times you fought for me, I am surprised it got so far... big brother, you're one of the reasons I kept fighting for..." He told. Rengoku slightly exhales.

"I hate this. the vibrations on my hands, the taste of blood in my mouth... the sound of my heart in my ears... I hate it."

"I always have. and right now, in this moment... I don't even feel like fighting for anything, anymore." Y/n brings his head down, with tears falling to the ground. Kyojuro was confused, and remembered a trance of memory.

"So that's what it was..?" Kyojuro opens his mouth slightly. "What?" Y/n, was concerned. "So that's why you drop your.. ah, after a mission, you'd always drop your sword to the ground.

I thought you liked to pout or dissapointed in something. but now that you have said it.. I shouldn't have forced this on you."

Flashbacks flashed, as the screen moved where
Y/n drops his nichirin sword after passing the final selection, when Y/n drops his nichirin sheath after a brutal mission, and where it falls to the pond on the butterfly's estate when Y/n and Tanjiro was sitting on a rooftop talking about Nezuko.

It keeps flashing. to the point where one scene shows him grunting in pain after suffering a brutal wound, but, still, he motivates himself on a mirror. forcing himself to keep up with the pillars. and to make them proud.

"I apologize. I have ruined your life since the minute I met you." He said. "No. that is why I kept going. there are people I fought for. one of it, is you, Rengoku-san.."

Tsugi holds his sword tightly. Rengoku, gave a small chuckle, as his head slowly drops down with a smile. Y/n widens his eyes, and lays his body on the ground. "Can I even become like you..?" Tears flowed from his eyes.

A single tear falls from Sanemi's eyes as well, Tengen was on one knee, and Giyu grits his teeth. "I'll kill every single one of them." Sanemi mutters. "I'll be ready. and I won't lose another one." Y/n covered Kyojuro's wound with his own haori

The news of Kyojuro's death is then spread to Kagaya Ubuyashiki and the rest of the Hashira via Kasugai Crows, each of whom reacts differently to the grim truth.

Tsugi envisions the same woman who was desperately begging him to breathe slowly. He collapses onto the ground, finally feeling the pain that he had been suppressing, and his eyes begin to bleed.

In that moment Y/n loses his focus and begins gasping for air after nearly sustaining any life-threatening damage. "You forcibly switched the Sun style to the Flame style. you're going to be immobile for now." Tomioka mentioned.

"Nearest recovery house is at Hisa's." He said. "Then we need to get them to the old lady." Tengen suggests. "No. Just get me to the butterfly mansion. there are a few things I needed to do." He said. gripping onto Kyojuro's haori.

2 Days Later~

"Ara..?"

"Yeah.."

"I-i'm sorry. I was trying to calm him down but he just barged in.." Aoi concerned. the scene transitions with Shinobu and Y/n hugging it out on the corner. "I don't mind at all." Shinobu said, while Aoi, Kanao and Tanjiro was looking.

"But he has been acting this way since he awoke. well who am I kidding. Rengoku was his teacher." Shinobu frowns a bit. "I know this smell." Tanjiro mentions. "Smell? What smell?" Aoi questioned. "Well, at one thing you're right.

Y/n was devastated when... Rengoku-san passed away. I.. I can feel his passion, I can feel his determination. He...- he sees you as someone important and someone worth fighting for." Tanjiro realised.

"Worth fighting for?" Shinobu widens her eyes. "Yes. maybe that's why he's hugging you right now. maybe he wants to be near you all the time." Tanjiro explains the scent he smelled.

Shinobu starts tearing up, shocking the three of them, before hugging back the sleepy boy. "Thank you. but we should go to bed now." She said.

"Jeez, at least take me to a dinner first." Tsugi took it wrong. "Eh?" The screen then timeskips to Shinobu treating Silv's wounds. "Unfortunately that much of bullet wound cannot be healed in an instant.

your missions are on the Sun Hashira's hands for now." Shinobu informs, as she rolls up bandages on her arms. "That is fine. but why him?" Silv questioned.

"Eh.. well, he did this to you, didn't he?" Shinobu sits next to her.

Well, not really. I was persistent when he told me I have to get away. It's actually my own fault I'm like this. It's the reason he got so frustrated. I.. I just want him to be my friend.." Silv got up the bed and sat next to Shinobu.

"Ara~ do you like him..?" She mentions. "What? no.. no, of course not. I just met him. I can't do that..." She implies, her eyes sleepy to the point where she slept on Shinobu's shoulder. "Well aren't you the cutest."

.

.

.

Alone in a forest, Y/n hurls his fist into a nearby tree. remembering Akaza, he furiously punches the tree into chunks of pieces.

"I won't forget your face, coward. the next time we meet, I'll splatter your brains everywhere!" He leaps off to a tree branch to take a look at the beautiful moon.

~

Hello, everyone. so, yeah. this is our new fanfic that'll you and I read!

think of this is like a demo to a fanfic or something. it's still has a lot to improve but what do you think? should I keep it drafted and improving it or should I release more chapters so you guys can read more?

you can give your feedbacks, criticizes in the comments, and I'll try to read them as soon as I can. for now, what do you think?