Chapter 12

11/7/22

[A/n: It's been a while since I posted. I started this book 9/12/21 and I still haven't finished. I am surprised that I did this chapter in on day if I am being honest. Started around 7:35 and finished around 8 something. Thank you guys for reading and encouraging me to continue this book. To be honest I didn't think people would read my books. This is not a really long chapter but it will do.]

                Previously on Rampage-

"It makes sense. They must be starving. There growing rapidly." Kate say. "Makes sense?" Davis repeat.

3rd POV:

"Last night, they killed a grizzly bear. The most powerful terrestrial predator on the planet. So you tell me right now, Kate, how many of this make sense." Davis say stating his point. George continues to pase in the background of his cage.

Davis keeps glancing at George to make sure he is ok. "Are you familiar with CRISPR?" Kate ask while going on the floor and in her bag for her  phone. "Yeah, genetic engineering." Davis say trying to figure out where the conversation is going.

"It's more like genetic editing. I am talking about extremely specific results." Kate say. "Check this out." Kate says while opening up Safari, searching up CRISPR and scrolling.

"Sharks are indeterminate growers, right?" Kate didn't stop for him to reply. "They never stop. Isolate that gene and combine it with, say the growth rate of a blue whale, the strength of a rhinoceros beetle, the speed of a cheetah." With each pause she scrolled and emphasizing some of her words.

"And you get one confused, extremely protective gorilla that could take down a grizzly and a other confused, scared gorilla." Davis say making the conclusion for her long explanation. "Right, Okay, Kate, I get all that, but it still doesn't explain to me how they doubled in size. Guys, we need to get that food and live video please." Making another point, raising his voice higher for the request and signing to George.

"See, CRISPR only allows you to alter the DNA one cell at a time. But I developed a system which rapidly transmit changes to every strand of DNA in the host's body. Mr. Okoye, listen to me. I am the only one who can cure them-." Kate say getting cut off.

Bang. Roar!

Kate and Davis move away from the cage. "George!"

Roar!

George picks up the concrete bench that was in his cage like cell. "George! No!" Davis shout desperately. George hit the cage with the bench over and over again. Everyone in the room standing and watching. With each hit someone screams in fear.

Roar!

"It's not gonna hold." Davis states. When Davis realize that it will break. "Kate!" Davis shouts he launches his self at Kate. "Every body back!" Davis shouts when George was free from his cage. George runs out of his cage towards the door. Breaking the door as he runs out. George breaks a wall, which was the lobby wall. While running seeming to be searching for something.

Connor and with the lady from the beginning are in the lobby. "Aaaahhhhh. Not again. Not again." Connor shouts in fear and crouches on the ground. Kate and Davis ran out a door to the lobby. They saw George running. "He's looking for her." Davis say to Kate while running up to George. "George."

In the next chapter-

A pounding headache
(587 words)