chapter three

A/N: it's been a long time! I was focus on graduating law school, but I just took my last exam and I am ready to write again!! so way more to comeee xxxxx

Paris party to honor Asher Fleming was on a full blast, when Eleanor Hayden decided to join. Still dressed in her all-black dinner outfit that the brunette wore to her grandparents house, the Hayden girl felt much out of place. But how was she supposed to flee a party being held at in her own dorm? 

"Thank you for coming. Please feel free to take a book," Eleanor heard Paris say, as she entered the dorm room, but soon noticed that the people were heading more towards the full stocked bar than the table of books from Asher. 

"Yeah, most of the people have no idea they're at a wake. They think it's some weird theme party. I've spent the entire evening trying to get people to stop referring to Asher as "the old dead dude," Eleanor heard the voice of her cousin explain to Marty as she made her way towards the pair. 

"Hey, you," Eleanor greeted, while still taking in her surroundings. 

"Ellie, you made it," Rory exclaimed excitingly, handing her cousin a cup of red wine that she knew she would adore.

"Thanks Rory," Eleanor smiled tighly, feeling slightly uncountable in the party setting.

"Does Paris know? I mean that everyone thinks this is a party?" Marty turned to Rory, resuming their conversation, while Eleanor raised her eyebrows at him.

"Paris, thank goodness, is Paris," Rory shrugged, making Eleanor giggle quietly. Stopping quickly as she saw the devil herself approaching.

"Hi, Marty. Thank you for coming. Please help yourself to a book," Paris greeted the boy, before turning to Eleanor, "Thank god you made it. I need you too call the bookstore to see if they can express ship more books"

"Paris, with all due respect, it is the middle of the night," Eleanor replied, eyebrows raised as she took a sip of her drink.

"The wake seems to be going well," Rory complimented the blonde girl.  

"It is," Paris agreed while taking a look around, "I'm very pleased with the turnout. I mean, I knew he was beloved, but this is overwhelming"

Eleanor chocked slightly on her drink as she spotted some guys carrying inside a beer keg, quickly moving with Marty to send them away, as Rory kept Paris busy. 

 "You know, it's funny, but Asher died right at the height of my passion for him. I kind of wonder what would have happened if he had lived. Would I have stayed in love with him forever?"