chapter two

After consoling a grieving Paris Geller, Eleanor Hayden made herself comfortable in her new room, calling her old friends Madeline and Louise

After consoling a grieving Paris Geller, Eleanor Hayden made herself comfortable in her new room, calling her old friends Madeline and Louise. Her room was everything she wanted her college dorm to be. Her grandparents provided her with a new set of dark wooden furniture and her mom imported silk bedding from Italy. Eleanor switched from her outside clothes into a brown Tennis skirt, matching it with a pair of sheer tights and a white turtleneck. 

"So he died? Does it make Paris a widow?" Louise asked, earning a chuckle from Madeline. Louise had dropped out of Mills College, currently working as a stay-at-home daughter to her parents, while Madeline was still enrolled in college. 

"I guess. I mean they weren't married but she was his last romantic involvement" Eleanor shrugged while flipping through the Harvard Law Review. 

"I can't believe Paris dated someone so -" Madeline started, before being interrupted by Louise. 

"- wrinkly?"

"I was going to say old, but yes" Madeline chuckled, while Eleanor rolled her eyes at the girls even though they couldn't see it. 

"Don't be mean, the poor girl is devastated" Eleanor defended Paris, "Besides it wasn't like he looked horrendous or anything" 

"Look at you standing up for Paris, who would have known that Yale would make you closer" Madeline joked, earning laughs from the girls. 

"Yeah, I would have thought it would make you hate each other" Louise agreed before the girls heard Louise parents talking to the girl in the background, "Sorry Ladies, I am going for Dinner with my parents, talk to you soon?"

"Bye, have fun" Eleanor replied, while Madeline replied something similar before all the girls hung up the phone. 

Sighing softly, Eleanor stood up from her spot on her bed, walking inside the shared living room. Frowning slightly, Eleanor took a look at the dozen books that were currently occupying their coffee table.

"That's a lot of books you go there," Eleanor commented, as she made her way towards Paris and Rory.

"Hey, I just said the same thing!" Rory commented lightly, but quickly shut up at the glare she received from Paris. 

"The very fact that the bookstore had any in stock shows the sad nature of American reading habits" Paris commented cryptically, making Eleanor raise her eyebrows as she picked one up, staring at the dooming portrait of Asher Fleming. 

"Do you need some help with those?" Rory asked kindly, making Eleanor mentally slap her for offering help. Now she was obliged to help as well, otherwise, she would seem selfish and Paris was after all her friend.