17

Jo didn't know why he left without explaining, or rather, letting her explain.

He didn't even remember going back to sleep, just walking up to their bed wrapping himself in the bedsheets and turning as far away from her as he could.

And then he stormed off, he didn't even know where to himself.

He just couldn't handle whatever this is.

In the end Joseph had walked all the way to set, he asked Joe to get him something to eat on his way here, knowing Keery always went out to eat in the morning claiming he was never awake enough to cook.

He always whined about how good it must be to have a wife who would cook for you in the mornings, and evenings as he actually claimed to be tired the whole day.

And Jo was, he always had been grateful for Adeline. But he just walked off.

He felt horrible about how he handled the situation. They had, had an argument like this before, and maybe he was trying to get away without starting something, or he was scared that his darkest though would be true, maybe -

"JOSEPH QUINN!!" a voice called him back to the real world, "I HAVE BREAKFAST!"

"In my trailer!" he yelled back, hoping it was loud enough, so that he wouldn't have to walk out his trailer. He didn't want people to see him like this.

"Alright, I picked you up- What the hell happened to you?"

Joseph just sighed and took the food from his hands setting it on the table before him. He opened the bag and reached to grab the food inside but it was snatched out of his way before he could.

"Mate you gotta tell me what happened?"

"I found something in Addie's suitcase."

His friend just looked at him confused, what could be so wrong about something in a suitcase? "Well what was it?"

"A bussines card."

Joe just laughed it of, "Well what's she trying to buy?"

"Nothing," he replied, his hands covering his face. "It had an extra note written on it."

"C'mon man you got to give me a little more information than that."

"Just look at it," he reached his phone out and showed the picture he took, everything was visible on the little piece of paper, the name of the man, his phone number and his little added note. Joe felt disgusted.

By the man, he didn't believe Addie would do somehting like that.

"Who's Maverick?"

"Looks like a dude who wants to screw my wife!"

As soon as the words left his mouth he wanted to take them back, but at the same time it felt good to say what he had thought when he first found the piece of paper. Taking a deep breath he sighed and apologised, "I'm sorry, I just- I don't know what to make of this. I don't know a Maverick and I don't remember a friend of Ad's that was named so."

"Well what did she say?"

The dissapointment filled Joseph again as he reminded himself he had just ran off, saying it out loud to Joe made it all more real. "I haven't talked to her yet."

"Ah, was she not awake yet? She really is a deep sleeper as you said, I remember when she fell asleep on the beach, only waking up when we dropped her in the water."

The two laughed at the memorie, Joe hadn't seen her laugh as hard as she had back then, and he hadn't seen Jo as amused as he was then either. But Jo felt horrible remembering how lovely she was, and happy and just over al amazing and he just left.