Chapter 2: The Old Man Returns

"WAKE THE HELL UP!" Olivier yelled.

Mia felt a sharp impact on her back, and immediately jolted up from the half-conscious state she was in.

Her father was holding a belt above her, his gaze remaining as scary as ever.

A sudden fear coursed through her veins, knowing what was about to happen.

"I never got the chance to do this last night... and I have some steam to blow, girl." Olivier growled.

Mia's lips began involuntarily quivering, along with her entire body.

Fleur could hear her daughter's shrieks from downstairs, about thirty seconds later.

She smiled to herself, content with her so-called daughter's suffering.

"It's funny, isn't it? How the punching bag never punches back..." Fleur smirked. "Soon, all of Paris will be our punching bag. And the universe will regret ever taking our first daughter from us, and replacing her with that ugly bitch in the garage."

"You know, master... you were the one that decided to have that child in the first place." Furror pointed out, floating beside his holder.

"Yes... and it was the worst decision of my damn life!" Fleur exclaimed.

"You've made it clear that you don't want it... so instead of torturing the creature, why don't you just put it down?" Furror questioned.

"Think strategically, Furror. If Mia randomly disappeared, I would lose thousands of dollars worth of income. Not only that, but people would start to get suspicious of us. And we can't afford that... can we?" Fleur replied.

"If the only reason you're keeping her alive is for the purpose of generating income... then why would you send her off to a school?" Furror inquired.

"The more time she spends with those spineless retards in her class, the less time she has to figure out our true intentions." Fleur remarked.

"Ah... I see." Furror said, in slight hesitation.

"What's the problem, you ugly rat?! Don't tell me you actually feel sorry for the girl! She deserved every ounce of pain she felt throughout her lifetime." Fleur growled.

"I don't feel sorry," Furror covered up. "I'm just surprised with your patience. If I were you, I just would've killed her by now. I hate whiny children that can't even endure a scarce amount of pain."

Throughout the centuries, Furror had learnt that in the end, it's just easier to agree with your master. So, she always did.

"Good," Fleur said. "Because I'd hate for you to have to find out what happens when someone disobeys me."

"Don't worry, master. I would never go against your wishes." Furror assured.

—————————

After about ten minutes, Fleur sighed and approached the door of the garage.

She knocked on it loudly. After there was no response, she spoke up.

"OLIVIER! THAT'S ENOUGH!" She yelled, cancelling out the other noises.

The room went quiet for a moment.

"What are you talking about!?" Olivier hissed back.

"We have that appointment with Gabriel Agreste in twenty minutes! We mustn't be late... especially not because of that brat!" Fleur informed.

The door opened, and Olivier walked out.

"Fine. This better be worth it." He grunted, leaving to get ready.