Chapter 3: A Tale Of Two Kitties

After a long lesson with Ms. Bustier, the bell finally rang out throughout the classroom.

Mia had been unable to pay attention to anything her teacher was saying, as the old man was still lingering in her mind. It was only some introductory speeches about how to act in the school premises anyways, but Mia knew that if her teacher said anything important... she'd be in big trouble.

Mia was well-aware that her lack of focus wasn't just because of the old man.

She also couldn't stop thinking about that disappointed expression Adrien had on his face, when he was forced to go home with Nathalie. Mia wanted nothing more than to hang out with him at the end of the day, to cheer him up. She wanted to hear his laugh. She wanted to see his bright, genuine smile again. She just wanted him to be happy again... no matter what it took.

"For those of you who have P.E, Mr. D'Argencourt is expecting you at the stadium. The rest of you can head over to the library." Ms. Bustier stated.

The students began getting out of their seats, so Mia stood up as well.

She quickly got startled when she heard shouting in the middle of the classroom, nearly jumping two feet in the air at the sudden commotion.

"Kim!" Ivan shouted annoyedly, holding a piece of paper.

Kim smirked in a smug manner.

"Ivan, what is going on?!" Ms. Bustier exclaimed, not  impressed with the behaviour of her students.

"It's Kim!" Ivan yelled in response.

"I'm so gonna-" Ivan started, raising his fist in a threatening manner.

Mia winced, knowing that Kim was probably going to get severely injured, considering that Ivan was at least six feet tall.

"Ivan! Go to the principal's office!" Ms. Bustier shouted, making the teenage boy lower his fist.

Mia didn't expect it to be that easy, to get the boy to stop. Was the principal's office really the worst threat an average high schooler could face?

Ivan growled, scrunching up the piece of paper into a ball. He stomped out of the classroom, Kim giggling at the sight of it.

Mia walked out of the classroom as well, knowing that she should make her way to the library.

—————————

Mia enjoyed the quiet nature of the school's library. It was a nice change from the teenagers yelling at each other in the hallways.

She was alone in a corner, reading 'Journey To The Center Of The Earth' by Jules Verne. It was a classic, and also one of her favourite books.

The ground suddenly rumbled beneath her, making her drop the book, and look around frantically. The entire library was shaking. Students were falling off their chairs, the sound of people panicking filling the room.

The students ran over to the security cameras, Mia following close behind the crowd.

To her complete and utter surprise, there was a literal stone golem staring right at the camera.

'What!? But... that's impossible! My parents always told me to separate fiction from reality! They'd beat the shit out of me if I suggested something like this existed! There has to be some explanation... did someone hack the camera feeds to troll us all? But that wouldn't explain the rumbling...' Mia cycled through thoughts, trying to make some sense out of everything that was going on.

"KIM!" The golem roared.

'Ivan..?' Mia questioned in her head.

"W-what's going on? He had Ivan's voice?" Marinette thought out loud.