Chapter 1: Her thoughts

"Can you stay with me then for tonight? I am afraid that I wouldn't hear from you again after this"

A drunk Shanks asks Luffia while his left-hand pinching her chin to look at him directly. Another hand traps the small girl on the sofa, body in between Luffia's legs, knee almost touching the flower blossom.

Gol D. Luffia or in the public eyes named Monkey D. Luffia is currently under the intense gaze of Shanks Leroux, a 32-year-old bachelor, unmarried, CEO of a Leroux Corporation, a model in part and the most eligible and successful person the Grandline holds.

In Luffia's eyes is the childhood crush she ever had, from the age of 7 when she first met the man until now that she's 22 where crush is an understatement, it is pretty much more convincing to say that she fell so hard that it almost got her to the point of obsession.

When she hits 18, she already started showing Shanks her feelings for the said man, Ann and Sabrina her sisters, told her that before Shanks sees her as an adult she needed to turn 18 legally and be more mature. If she doesn't want Shanks to be sent to jail for dating a minor, she needed to turn legal and have a choice of who to date which she does follows.

But the man didn't look at her the same way she do. She gave the signals, the affection yet Shanks didn't give her the same energy, it's always the big brother treatment---which she likes yes, but painful to swallow when her feelings were involved.

It's been 5 years after that, but they never crossed that line, that barrier she doesn't like. It's always her giving, reaching, and chasing. Her friends even suggested that maybe it's time to let go and try liking another man, they even arrange a date for her in the hope she finally removes her gaze from Shanks---- which never works.

Ann, and Sabrina, who both have a stable relationship, also look at her in the hope that she gives up waiting for Shanks to return her feelings.

It's been 15 years, more than her age's half, she's been broken into constant announcements of Shanks dating celebrities, Shanks attending a party with girls he let the world know, girls he looks at with fondness, girls that meet his family.

Being the young apprentice of Gol D. Roger before, Roger is a father figure to the red-haired man, which is why he attends the private parties held inside the close relationship of Gol, Portgas, and Monkey. But when the party is for the public and company celebrations, that is where he shows off his girlfriend.

Every time it happens Luffia is forced to smile and greet the red-haired man, and his girlfriend.
And after the party, she runs away and hides in the comfort of her room or sneaks out halfway through the party to crash a stay in her friend's house, usually Zoro her best friend and partner in crime.

It's always she and her broken heart, but her feelings never falter, it keeps on beating for the man. It keeps on hoping, it keeps on wanting, it keeps on loving. It keeps on saying that maybe she still has a chance, Shanks never settle, and even at 32, he's unmarried. Maybe it is her who will complete the man.

That's why she holds on, not letting go. But sadly for her, three months ago, her birthday month May 5, she turns 22, is also the time when she heard about Shanks being broken from a secret relationship he had for 2 years.