Chapter 6: Dancing Without Music

Dancing without Music is the song that makes Luffia sing until her sore throat that night after her 22nd birthday. It is the song she plays repeatedly, the song that comforts her and made her cry at the same time.

This is the first time her Nakama will hear her sing this, and she can't promise to shed a tear while singing this. Urgh, she can't even fathom why she wore Shanks's jacket right now this makes her remember a lot of things.

But----- is Shanks watching right now?

'Oh gosh, Luffia, stop dressing up for a man---- uhh I mean stop thinking about him----- noooo, I mean stop just stop, you are dedicating this song for him but that doesn't mean he needs to see it! You blocked him yesterday, so no!'

Luffia almost missed Brook's last strum because of overthinking.

From the very first moment I met you, I was yours
Every part of me knew it
I'd never felt like that before 

Luffia fell in love the moment she laid her eyes on Shanks. She didn't understand what feeling "7-year-old may feel", only that she is sure when Shanks is around, everything should be left behind to play with Shanks, forgetting about her playmates even her best friend Zoro, forgetting about her sisters, forgetting about her Uncle Rayleigh and Aunt Shakky, forgetting her parents, and even her Gramps whom she loves, as long Shanks is around.

Luffia will be the first one to open the door to welcome him, she will run even if she was in Traffy's house when she heard Shanks's car pulling to their gate, and she will sometimes even not attend class if it is Shanks's birthday.

Overall, Shanks is the person located in her most important individual, and she can leave everything behind to annoy Shanks or quietly watch Shanks working while she waits for him to take a break.

Luffia, now that she is 22, hopes she didn't spend all her time believing that she's also Shanks's special person.

How is she blind to always shrug off Shanks calling her the younger sister when he goes on calling random girls his GIRLFRIEND, like right in front of her? Is she numb? Or maybe she's just the embodiment of dumbness.

To the edge of the world, I would go
If you'd only ask me to
And I wish you would
I wish you would 

Shanks heartbreak is Luffia's heartbreak, Shanks happiness is Luffia's happiness, Shanks achievement is Luffia's special event, she'll celebrate everything, cakes, flowers, and booze? Yes, she'll take time to give the moment to Shanks, she'll drop everything to congratulate the man.

She even planned to be a rebound to stop Shanks from finding others, she can treat Shanks the best, and she believes that she's the only one who can make Shanks truly happy. She might sound egocentric and narcissistic, but Shanks is for Luffia, and Luffia only.