[ 057 ]

⤿ November 19th, 2020

It had been days since Brianna had been told that she had caught covid, the sickness that was shutting down the world around her. It didn't matter that the girl had taken the proper precautions, she already had a horrible immune system so she had managed to catch it. Luckily John hadn't picked it up while he'd stayed at her house and since she had been diagnosed she'd made it so he couldn't get into her apartment.

"How are you doing princess?" John asked through the glass as he stood on the fire escape looking in on the girl who was looking almost absolutely miserable at how she had been locked inside of her house. She glared at him as she took another sip of the soup which was in her hands.

"I want out," Brianna said for what must've been the millionth time in the last few days. She hated being alone, she had been spending most of her free time with John before she'd gotten sick so now that she was trapped in her apartment by herself she didn't know what to do other then sit by the window leading to the fire escape and talk to him through the glass. "I am bored." The girl added as she had also said so many times over the last few days. "Like all of the time now." She informed John as Smokey, her no longer kitten but rather big baby, jumped up into her lap. She watched as he put his paw to the window where John had placed his hand on the window to say hello.

"How are you feeling?" John asked with a smile, he had asked the question everyday since she had gotten sick and everyday she smiled even more. It meant a lot to her that John actually cared about how she felt and how she was doing.

"Better for sure." Brianna answered as she hugged Smokey to her chest, the car snuggling itself into her neck. She loved the cat, it was her baby and she couldn't be happier about having him in her life.

"Hm," John muttered as he silently admired the girl cozying up with the cat that they had gotten so long ago. He was happy that she loved it so much and was even more happy that they had found it when it was left. Brianna looked up from the cat and saw John staring at the two, giving him the finger a second later as he looked at her. "Do you want to stream? It could kill your boredom." He suggested with a small shrug, loving to stream with the girl and Brianna grinned a little.

"When he wants to stream with you," Brianna put her fingers together with a grin on her face as she stuck her tongue out at him. He rolled his eyes as Brianna let Smokey jump from her arms and the two watched as the cat made its way to her bed and curled up to nap again.

"Only because your sick," John lied through his teeth, a tilt of Bri's head as grinned even more.

"Uh huh, sure." Brianna said playfully with a laugh as she got to her feet, the hoodie that she had stolen from John fitting her as a dress as she stood up. He loved the way that the girl looked and loved it even more when she wore his clothes. "Because you aren't in love with me." She teased as she turned away, looking towards her pc and wondering if she should change so she didn't see the pink cross John's face at the comment, joking or not.

"Oh shut up." John laughed as he watched Brianna make her way towards her pc, turning it on and seeing her monitors come to life.

"See you in a few," Brianna told him as she spun in her chair, seeing him standing outside of her window still. He rolled his eyes and gave her the finger which she easily returned with no hesitation.

"Of course sweetheart." She giggled lightly and then watched as he disappeared out of sight. Bri grinned happily as she turned back to face her pc, trying her best to ignore the butterflies rising in her chest.