FOURTEEN

August 18th, 2022

                   Anastasia's heart was racing as she posted her comment. It was brave, even she had to admit that. A thousand thoughts flowed through her head, her stomach filled with butterflies and churned with anxiety. The brunette girl dropped her phone on the bed beside her, let out a huge breath and ran herself a bath, to prepare for Brady's party.

The girl sat down at her dressing table, connecting her phone to her speaker, thinking of how to style her hair. After a while of thinking, she decided to just straighten it. She reached over to grab her hair brush, accidentally knocking over a carefully wrapped gift. The brunette cursed at herself before picking up the box and rattling it, making sure it wasn't broken, letting out a sigh of relief, she went back to getting ready.

After about two hours of perfecting her hair and makeup, Anastasia was all set for Brady's birthday party. She grabbed the gift and headed downstairs, kissing her moms cheek as she left their home, getting in the uber. Her two friends, Malia and Xochitl greeted her as she entered the car, the same butterflies still in her stomach.

The car journey to the apartment was quite quick. All three girls hopped out of the car, each helping out the other, and headed inside. They were greeted and gestured inside by a random boy. Anastasia's eyes scanned the room of people for a familiar blonde, who she set her eyes on. A nervous smile on her face, the girl made her way over to him, gift in hand. Brady was talking with another guest, but once Ana made their way over, they waved goodbye to the boy, who was left standing alone and confused.

Anastasia tapped the blonde's shoulder, he quickly turned around and his face lit up as he saw her. "You made it!" He yelled over the loud music. "Of course, I wouldn't miss it." The two smiled at each other for a few seconds before Ana raised her eyebrows, "I almost forgot!", she handed him the neatly wrapped present.

Brady's eyes widened, "You didn't have to get me anything, Ana.." The girl laughed softly, "Just open it." Which he did. His eyes softened as they scanned the gift, a grin appearing on his face. He turned his wrist, showing it to her. "You got me a polaroid camera?" To which she nodded, "I remember you saying you wanted one when we hung out, I thought you'd like it."

They held eye contact for a few seconds before Brady spoke up, "It's perfect, I love it." He leaned down and pressed a small kiss on Anastasia's cheek, causing her to blush. She smiled before dropping her head to look at her feet, Brady smiled to himself before hearing someone call his name. The boy lifted Ana's chin before looking into her eyes, "I'll be right back, okay?" She just nodded.

The girl let out a huge breath as she heard a bunch of giggles approach from behind, she turned around to see her friend group, all with wide smiles on their faces. Ana just shook her head at their reactions. They all bombarded her with 'Oh my god's' and a bunch of questions.

"Let the girl breathe." A male voice spoke up. Each girl's head whipped around to see the person speaking "What? You're all extremely loud." Jacob questioned them. Each girl laughing to themselves.