THIRTY SIX

Homecoming had arrived. Anastasia sat on her stool as her mother clasped the necklace closed. Alexis stared at her daughter in the mirror, proud of her little creation. The woman placed her hands on the sides of Ana's arms. "All done."

The girl's eyes flickered to meet her mothers in the mirror. "Thank you, mom." To which her mother smiled, before she kissed the side of her head. And just like clockwork, there was a knock on the door. Ana's mother wiggled her eyebrows which caused her daughter to scoff in fake disgust. Both the Bledel's laughed to one another.

Ana waited at the top of the stairs, hoping to fulfil her cheesy romcom dream, as her mother opened the door for her boyfriend. She fiddled with the ring Brady had bought her on their first unofficial date. The thought of which made her smile.

She made her way down the staircase, trying her best not to fall right down it. Her eyes met Brady's, he stared at her lovingly. Once she reached the bottom, she held out her hand as her boyfriend placed the corsage on her wrist.

"Thank you." the girl said as the boy took her hand in his. A car horn honked from outside, startling the two. Anastasia waved her mother goodbye as the pair made it out of the door and into the car.

A few hours had passed and Anastasia felt herself danced out. Brady had sensed that, which is why he made his way over to the dj and requested a slow song. Sweet, by Cigarettes After Sex, to be exact. Anastasia's favourite.

"Shall we?" he held out his hand for her to take. She laughed softly before holding it, "We shall."

She placed her hands on the back of his neck whilst he guided his to each side of her waist. The two never took their eyes off of each other.

Brady's eyes flickered to Anastasia's lips for a moment. She could feel his gaze on them. Her lips curved into a smile before she leaned forward and kissed him. This kiss felt much more special than the previous ones they had shared. She felt at home with him. She was completely head over heels for Brady Hepner.