Chapter 9 [Everyone's talking... Again]

(Copyright) © 2011 Candle_Ice

* * * * *

A/N: [Picture of Julianne Hough as Tatiana Daae at the side ;) ]

Chapter 9

Leonidas answered his phone on the second ring when he saw it was Elise calling.

"I'm guessing you saw the picture?" He asked.

"Kind of hard to miss, don't cha think?" Elise replied teasingly.

"So I'm guessing by the teasing tone, you're not upset?" Leonidas treaded carefully.

"No," She sighed, "It was bound to come out. But how on Earth did they get this picture? I mean, there was not van or a strange person in the street when we arrived."

"Yeah, there was none that we could’ve seen, but he could’ve certainly seen us. He was in your neighbor's tree. He fell out and broke his arm when he tried to reach out on a higher branch. My driver tried to catch him, but he held his injured arm and ran away, rather quick, for a guy who fell out of a tree." Leonidas informed her

"Well I guess he probably had practice running away very fast." She deduced.

"Probably." He agreed.

"Seeing as this was front page news, I am so not looking forward to school today," She complained. "Yesterday was a total nightmare. Everyone came up to me and was all up in my kool aid."

"Hmmm, your 'Kool Aid?'" He asked, not understanding her.

"I spend too much time with Lena," she explained, "It's a term she uses, when people are constantly harassing her about her life and plans and wanting to know every single detail of her life. It seemed relevant to use seeing as everyone, and I mean everyone, is coming up to me and asking me about you and me."

"Okay," He drew out the two syllables, "Remind to stay out of your Kool Aid then."

"Ha ha ha, aren't you Prince Hilarious," she teased.

“A step up from Prince Choking, I’ll accept that,” he replied in turn.

"I forgot I mentioned that,” she said thoughtfully, “Anyways, I should go. I'll get to school early and hide out in the class room until my classes start. Hopefully I don't encounter anyone, especially the paparazzi."

"No need to worry about them, I have my people on it. They shouldn't be a bother. A few may try to be, but they will eventually be handled by my authorities. However, you will be under some amount of public scrutiny." Leonidas hoped she wouldn't freak out by the attention being with him would warrant.

"I guess it comes with the territory. If-- when, we go public-- officially, maybe we can do an interview? You know, give the people what they want to know about us? Maybe then, the attention would deflect a little from our relationship, because there'll be no speculation. We'd answer the questions about how we met, where we're going --not giving away all the details, but enough to hold off the hoards of media attention."

"That's a brilliant idea!" Leonidas was just about convinced he made the right choice in choosing her. She was thinking outside the box, offering him ideas. He wouldn't have even thought about that interview.

"We could have your mom's magazine do the interview." He supplied, wanting to be a part of the idea.

"Leonidas, my mom runs a fashion magazine. The only gossip she writes about are latest fashion trends 'do's and don'ts.'  Besides, I'm thinking we should do a televised interview, so people can see us, hear the words we speak. Not read it off of a magazine page. What do you think?"