Chapter 36 [Celebrations]

(Copyright) © 2011 Candle_Ice

* * * * *

[[Unedited!! =) ...and as u know already, my descriptive skills suck... but I tried my best ;) ... <3 so be nice...]]

-- Shout out to @XxxAJxxX for cute fan art at the side! =) 

Chapter 36:

“A Royal engagement, and I’m last to know?” Stefanos professed in mock distress, as he entered the dining hall later that night.

They [the royal circle and Elise’s family] had just sat down for a celebratory dinner in honour of the royal couple, when the young prince barged in.

“Shows how much we think of you,” Tatiana scoffed from beside Elise. Realising her voice had carried in the now quiet room, she added a belated, nonchalant, “Your Highness.”

“I see they invited you as well,” Stefanos said in reply, making his way to sit next to Thane, a very far way from Tatiana.

Her response was a deadly glare aimed at him until he was seated. When she looked around, she noticed Queen Lucilla’s gaze settled on her. At first Tatiana thought she had offended the Queen by her earlier remark, but upon a closer look, she saw that the queen was wearing a smirk, and had a knowing look in her eye. A look that somewhat scared her.

Quickly averting her own gaze, Tatiana cleared her throat to remove the unsettling feeling the Queen’s look had left her.

“That’s enough son,” King Grisham warned, then added on a nicer note, “And how nice of you to cut your trip short to join us.”

“Oh? You were gone on some pressing matters, then?” Elise asked.

“If by pressing you mean ‘leisure’ then yes, very pressing matters,” Princess Ariel joked,

This brought a chuckle from everyone.

“And you’re not the last to know,” Thane threw at Stefanos, “We’re releasing a statement tomorrow morning, announcing the engagement to the public.”

“Glad to know I come before the public,” Stefanos replied.

“Get over it,” Accra told him.

“Easy for you to say. You were first to know.”

“That I was,” Accra sighed happily, “but then again, I was the one pressing heavily for this engagement, so I should have been first to know.”

With that she toasted her grandson, and the matter of who was first to know or last to know was put to rest.

***

News from the Palace: It’s official! Save the rice for the special day. His Royal Highness, the Crown Prince is engaged to Miss Elise van Hastening.

We were awaiting this announcement for some time now. And given that today is the Prince’s 25th birthday, the news would have been around this time. He did not disappoint! A press release from the palace earlier this morning announced that a royal engagement had taken place and that all was happy.

The couple has not made a public appearance since the announcement, but they will come out at the Prince’s birthday ball later to night- or moreover, the celebratory ball. The Crown Prince’s birthday has officially been shifted to second place. The engagement has taken over in rampant stages, and is all everyone is talking about.

Persons had actually forgotten it was our good Prince’s birthday. But a birthday comes once a year; a royal engagement but once a lifetime... so next year, we’ll remember his birthday. As of now, our ears are listening out for when the royal wedding will take place.