005.

──── chapter five

{ ☀️ } · dreams come true

{ ☀️ } · dreams come true. . ݁ ٬٬ ࣪

FIRE. EXPLOSION. ANGRY MOB. Screams filled her ears as her eyes roamed the place where she stood. Demigods ran in mayhem, shouting at the group that tried to reason with them. No use. No one would listen. Plates, food, and rocks were being thrown at the ship that flew above them and when the girl looked up at it, her mouth dropped at the sight. The ship was like a war machine, doing nothing to settled down the furious people.

Madeline moved through the crowd, her dream state being like a ghost that walked the earth, unseen and quiet. Her pace was fast, her legs taking her around people, not knowing where she was going. Her heart pounded against her ribcage, her breath uneasy, her eyes frantically surging. She didn't understand what could have caused these demigods to act such way. But nothing was good she knew that.

Never mix Greeks and Romans.

The girl slipped through the crowd of people that surrounded the middle, figuring it would be someone they wanted to end. She was right. There was she, surrounded by several dozen Romans, with Piper, Josie and Jason by her side. They were trying to calm the angry mob down but without much luck. Piper's charmspeak was useless against so many screaming, angry demigods. Madeline swore at the Romans near-by, cursing them to only speak in rhyming, confusing them at what's happening. Jason's forehead was bleeding. His purple cloak had been ripped to shreds. He kept pleading, "I'm on your side!" but his orange Camp Half-Blood T-shirt didn't help matters  nor did the warship overhead, firing flaming spears into New Rome. One landed nearby and blasted a toga shop to rubble.

The dream state Madeline turned around at the sound of another explosion that rocked the forum. This time the flash of light was directly overhead. One of the Roman catapults had fired, and the Argo II groaned and tilted sideways, flames bubbling over its bronze-plated hull.

Squinting her eyes noticed a figure clinging desperately to the rope ladder, trying to climb down. It was a blonde boy, his robes steaming and his face black with soot. Greeks had fired on Romans. But why would they do that?

On the fountain near the ladders to the ship, stood Percy Jackson, Annabeth Chase, Fredrick Jeon, Endora Prince and two Roman demigods from her previous dream. They seemed to be in a shouting match with the blonde boy, the angry mob kept throwing rock and fallen bricks they found laying around at the Greeks and traitors to their camp.

As her frightened eyes watched the scene, the ground underneath her feet trembled. Demigods stopped everything they were doing, seemingly in daze as they watched the earth underneath their feet cracked open; a mystical fog invaded their view and cluttering noise of bones being mended back together filled their ears. From the hazy fog emerged dozen of Roman solders, incomprehensible words leaving their visible jaws as they looked around at the demigods. Some screamed, some backed away, some stared in shock but the master of the puppets had a murderous look settled upon their face.