Chapter 23

Days til mission launch: 5

Katie hadn't felt well in the last few days. Training was intense since they were leaving so soon. Rooster was very stressed out, so him and Katie hadn't spent a lot of time together. It's usually get up, go to training, go home, and sleep.

Training today was especially difficult for Katie, she felt so sick all day. Her face was white, she was sweating a lot more then she would on base.

"Hey are you okay?" Rooster asked her as they walked back in from flying.

"Ye-yeah. I just feel really under the weather." She lied to him.

"Do you want me to come over tonight?" He asked.

"Could you? I need some cuddles tonight." She chuckled lightly.

"Of course, my love." He smiled and kissed her nose.

"Okay I'll see you tonight then!" She smiled and walked to the showers.

She needed to take a cold show, because she felt like she was absolutely on fire. She changed into some loose mom jeans and a t-shirt, and began to make her way out the door so she could go home. Suddenly she felt a huge wave of nausea come over her. She never ever got sick to the point of her puking, except for the one time when she was 17 and had the stomach flu. She felt nauseous the last couple days, but she really felt like she was going to throw up in that moment. She ran to the nearest bedroom and threw up everything in the stall closest do the door.

"What the hell?" She groaned to herself.

She finished doing her business, and was thinking as to why she was all of a sudden throwing up. She then remembered that her last period was a week before she came back from the Keys. She looked herself in the mirror and thought to herself. Could she be late? Could she be pregnant?

It suddenly made her very nervous, because she wasn't on the pill, and her and Bradley used protection. But it made her especially nervous since they were leaving for a mission in 5 days, and both her and Bradley's lives were at risk. She grabbed her phone and texted Natasha.

"Meet me at my place. It's very urgent."

Phoenix asked what it was about and Katie didn't say anything except to just meet her there. Katie abruptly left and sped home. She didn't know what to think. Everything was happening so fast. She knew she wanted to marry Bradley one day and spend the rest of her life with him, but a child? Now? When they both could potentially die on this mission?

She paced around her house as she waited for Phoenix to show up. Shortly after, Natasha opened the door.

"You wanna tell me what's up, Blaze?" She asked.

"Nat. I don't know what's wrong." Katie held her head as she thought through everything.

"Why what happened, Kat?" She asked as she walked over to me to stop me from pacing.

"I-I-I think I might be pregnant." She told her.

"You WHAT?" She exclaimed.

"I haven't felt well at all the last few days, and today I literally had to run to the bathroom and puke my guts out. You know me, Nat, I don't throw up." She told her.

"Are you on the pill?" She sat them down.

"No I'm not. I don't sleep with a lot of people, so I felt the need to worry about it. Literally besides Bradley, I have slept with three people. My first boyfriend, Hangman, and then a boyfriend I had in Florida. And it's been two years since I had slept with anyone, and now I'm with Brad. And we've used protection.." She explained.

"Well is there a chance it either broke, or you got too carried away and just forgot to use something?" Phoenix asked.

Katie thought for a moment.

"There was one time we didn't." She looked at Nat...remembering the morning they did something quick before heading to base. She put her head in her hands and started to cry.

"Hey it's okay. You can always just take a test." Natasha comforted her.

"What if I am, Nat? I've always wanted kids, but the father in question and I are flying on a mission in 5 days. What if one or both of us don't make it back?" She cried to Phoenix.

"Hey hey hey. You both will make it back. Pregnant or not. You both will make it back. I will personally go by the test for you so no one suspects anything." She told Katie.

"You know I love you right? You're like my sister, Nat." Katie smiled and cried as they hugged.

"I would do anything for you, Kat. I love you so much." Natasha started to cry too.

"Bradley is coming over tonight." Katie said to Natasha.

"Are you gonna talk to him about it?" She asked.

"No. I wanna wait until I take a test. And if it's positive, I'll tell him. I don't know when, because I know he won't want to fly if I'm pregnant. And I know he won't want me to fly." She told her.

"If you are, if that test comes back positive. Tell him after. That way he's not distracted." Phoenix suggested.

"Yeah but I won't live with myself if he goes up and just doesn't know." She told her.

"You can tell him when you feel the time is right." Natasha rubbed her back.

They sat there in silence for a little while, just comforting each other. They heard a car pull up to the house, knowing it was Rooster.

"Brad is here." Katie told her.

"I should go. I'll bring a test over tomorrow." She kissed Katie's temple and gave her a right hug.

"Thank you, Nat." She hugged her.

"Anything for you." Nat smiled and walked out the door.

Phoenix and Rooster stopped and chit chatted for a little bit. Phoenix told him that she had a stomach bug.

"Hey baby. Phoenix just told me you were sick." He came and hugged her.

"Yeah. I should be fine in a few days." She said as she felt another wave of nausea flood over her. He went in to kiss her but she gagged.

"Well that's a new one." He looked at her with a very confused look.

Katie just shook her head, and ran to the half bathroom downstairs.

"Oh shit." Rooster said as he ran after her. He held her hair as she puked.

"You're okay. Just breathe." Rooster comforted her.

"It was the damn chicken they served in the cafeteria a few days ago." Katie groaned as she laid her head on the toilet seat.

"This is why you never eat the chicken, babe." Rooster chuckled lightly, causing her to laugh.

"I hate you." She said out of breath.

"Aww how romantic." He laughed sarcastically.

He helped her up, had her brush her teeth, and pulled her in for a hug.

"I'll stay as long as you want me to." He told her.

She hugged him tightly as he picked her up. She wrapped her legs around his and he walked her over to her couch. She sat in his lap as he held onto her legs and turned on a movie. She watched the movie, but her mind wandered. She had her hand on her stomach. She subtly looked at that and then at Bradley. She knew he would be a great dad. She couldn't believe she was taking a pregnancy test tomorrow after training to see if she was pregnant. With his baby. She couldn't believe all of this was actually happening. Especially with the mission right around the corner.