Chapter 25

Katie's POV:

I stared at the positive test. I couldn't believe it. This was actually happening. Two weeks ago I never thought I would end up dating Bradley, let alone being pregnant with his baby. I wanted to tell him so badly. I was so excited yet so scared of everything that was gonna come of this. Natasha assured me that he wasn't going to run, but part of me couldn't help but worry about it.

I worried for this mission now. I'm scared to fly now. I wanted to fly to prove myself on this mission, but I'm having a baby now. And Bradley...Bradley is so determined to fly on this mission to prove to Maverick that he is a good pilot. My baby can't lose it's father.

And then there's Maverick. My father. My baby's grandfather. He was team leader. We all know he is one of the biggest risk takers on this earth. She had to talk to him. But she didn't want to drop it out of nowhere. She wants to wait to tell him until they've left for the mission. She wants to see if he'll let either her or Bradley fly.

Natasha stood there comforting me, not knowing I had started crying. I sat on the couch and cried. All the emotions had come over me. I wish I could just up and tell him, but I'm scared I'll vomit everywhere trying to get it out of me.

"Nat, what am I gonna do?" I cried.

"Well who do you want knowing?" She asked me.

"Just you. For now. I can't get it out of me yet to tell Maverick or Bradley. The only other person I would really care to know is Jake." I told her.

I already knew I wanted Nat and Jake to be my baby's godparents. They both meant so much to me, I wanted them in my baby's lives when it was time for me to have a child. Now it is that time.

"Do you want me to call Jake?" She asked.

"No. I wanna tell him myself. It just sucks cuz we're all going on this mission, and everyone's life is at risk. Mine, yours, Jake's, Brad's, Maverick's, and now the baby." I told her as she nodded.

"Maverick is your father. And he loves Brad like a son and has for a long time. He's gonna do anything to protect him." She told me.

"That's what I'm afraid of. I don't want my baby to not know it's grandfather. I also know Rooster would risk life for any of his team. He's done it for me during many exercises. He won't hesitate to do it during a real mission. My baby has to know it's father. Bradley has to know his child." I told her.

"And he will. Natasha he will come back from this." She told me.

"What if I don't come back from this? What if Mav let's me fly and I get shot down. Then Bradley has to live without me and his child. He'll never forgive Maverick if that happens, and then he loses Maverick, me, and our child." I told her.

I was never worried about going on a mission. I've been on countless missions. I even had three confirmed air kills. I was never worried. I was ready for anything. Now that Bradley was back, now that we're having a baby, and now that my I have a father, everything made me worried.

"Katherine Caroline Blackwood you need to calm down. This mission will go well. we will all go home, and you're gonna have this baby. Everything will end up exactly how it's supposed to be." She hugged me.

"Thank you, Nat. Can you stay with me tonight? I need a sisters night." I wiped my tears.

"Of course, Kat. We can have a movie night with popcorn and slushees!" Nat said excited.

"Just like old times!" I said excitedly.

I missed being at the academy with Nat. I miss being at the academy in general. Being with Rooster. Rooming with Natasha was so fun. We all three would hang out all the time. I miss being 20 years old and flying around with the two of them and laughing about it afterwards. I miss everything about training the first time we all went to Top Gun. I missed going to the Hard Deck with Jake, Bradley, and Nat and drinking and dancing to the music. Being at the beach on days we didn't have to be at training. Everything back then was perfect. Then we all graduated and all split.

I regret not telling Bradley I loved him back then. I was with Hangman but if I had known he broke up with me so I could be happy with Bradley, I would have told him a long time ago. I want him to come with me to Key West. I want him to come snorkeling with me, and spend a day out on the harbor. I want to go see his home in Texas. I wanted to officially meet his parents. I want our baby to meet his parents. I want to take him to Washington to meet my mom. I want our baby to meet my mother.

There's so much I want to do now, and I'm so nervous that I won't get to do all that with Bradley. I'm nervous I won't get to do all that with our baby. I want Maverick to meet our baby. I don't care how absent he was at this point, I don't want to throw my father away like he's nothing. I need to talk to him, I just need to find the right time.

I texted Bradley saying I was spending the night hanging with Nat, and he told me that he loved me and that he gets me for the night tomorrow. It made me laugh that he's acting like it's split custody. He also told me that he loves me. It warmed my heart by how much he cared about me.

Natasha distracted me the whole night from everything. It was basically throwing me back in time. We had so much fun just the two of us. We watched all the movies we used to watch when we stayed up late at the academy.

For the first time in the last week, this was one of the few times where all my anxiety and scared thoughts slowly washed away.