Chapter 10

Hey everyone! As I'm currently rewatching Game of Thrones, a small attack of writing fever reached out for me. Hope you enjoy the chapter!

Day of the combat:

I sat next to my auntie, tipping with my feet on the ground. I couldn't remember the last time I had suffered such an amount of nervousness. Maybe when I was the first time with a man? It didn't matter. All I could think about right now was the fight. My uncle, who used his spear as if it was an extended arm. He had just stabbed Gregor Clegane in the leg with his weapon. I was sure that he would win this fight...if he wasn't so focused to force the mountain to confess what he did to my auntie - I mean my mother. It still felt weird to say mother. All my life I thought she was my auntie and her children were my cousins but now? Now I knew that the mountain murdered my siblings and my mother. Once again Oberyn shouted "Elia Martell. You raped her! You murdered her!. You killed her children! Confess!". It literally gave me the creeps. Hearing Oberyns anger, seeing the pain in his eyes...he had been right, it was the best decision to let him be the fighter. Yet I had a bad feeling.

I peered to my left, straight to the seats of the Lannisters. The kings mother looked tensed (which was no miracle as my uncle was about to win the fight), Tywins face showed nearly no emotion, but Jamie - he looked straight at me. I blushed and forced myself immediately to focus on the fight again.

Just in this moment, Oberyn sticked his spear into the mountains chest. I wanted to cheer and gratulate him but apparently he wasn't done. Oberyn turned around to the Lannisters and aimed his finger at Tywin Lannister while he shouted "Who gave you the order? You raped her, you murdered her, you killed her children!". My heart sank into my boots. Oberyn was too focused on the Lannisters to realize that the mountain had gained some strength back.

"Don't look at it, Elia!" a voice screamed but I was paralysed. Within a second the mountain was over my uncle, putting his thumbs into his eyes and said "I killed her children. And then I raped her. And then I smashed her head!"

Just as the last word was said my uncles head burst.

I couldn't say what brought me back to reality. Was it Ellaria, who didn't stop screaming, or was it the moment when I finally understood the meaning of the mountains words? It didn't matter. I was fulfilled with such an amount of hate, all I thought about was one thing - revenge.

For me, it felt like slow-motion, but for everyone else it happened within a second.

Without thinking, I grabbed one of our men spears and threw it at the mountain, using his neck as my aim. The spear went straight through his neck and a lot of blood ran out of it.

When I returned to Dorne, I would thank my cousins for their training.

The world stood still, at least it felt like it. Until the queen screamed "Get both of them!"

I looked frightened at Ellaria, slowly realizing what I just did. This would probably cost me my life. She stepped forwards, reaching out for me, but it was almost too late. The City watch was on their way, killing our people to get me.

"Leave!", I hissed quickly.

"We will bring you home, no matter what it costs!", she kissed my forehead and ran away with the last men we had.

"For our family" I whispered whereas two knights grabbed my arms and put me immediately  to the dungeon with the imp right behind me.

When I turned my head one last time, I saw Jaimes eyes. If he wasn't one of this filthy Lannisters, I could actually think he worried about me.