Chapter 6

It's been a while since I've sat on a horseback. The fresh air enveloped my face, an excitement spread over my body. I felt free, like there was nothing that could hold me back. I had missed that feeling. I spurred the horse and a small laugh escaped of my mouth. After a while I decided to stop and take a break. I stepped down, looked around and listened. Nobody was here. Good for me. With a small sight of fear I took my sword and started to practise. It was a little bit strange to held it in my hands after such a long time but it only took a few minutes to become one again. I tried different movements, imagining to fight against an enemy.

„You fight well." A deep voice suddenly said.

I jumped out of my skin and the sword dropped down. Luckily for me it landed a couple of millimeters next to my feet.

I turned around immediately, afraid who that stranger might be. But it wasn't a stranger. It was the man of the tavern.

„You still didn't tell me your name." He said with a smirk. It didn't seemed to bother him that I was practicing with my sword. Strange.

„Well, you didn't tell me yours either." I responded quickly. Once again I couldn't deny that he was very handsome.

„I assume now we are two strangers in the woods?", he chuckled. I smiled. Handsome and funny.

„What are you doing here?" I asked curiously.

„As I said, sometimes I like to escape."

I raised an eyebrow. I couldn't say why but I had a bad feeling that this wasn't the whole truth. For a moment we both stayed in silence until he started to speak again.

„So...why is a lady fighting in the woods? Now it is definitely for sure that you aren't a part of the population of Kings Landing."

„Why do you assume I'm a lady? Because I am not a lady." I insisted again.

„Let me explain...your clothes are too expensive to be worn by a servant, your skin is tanned..."

„Perhaps I just like to sit in the sun?" I interrupted him quickly. Handsome, funny and intelligent. Damn it.

„Then your skin is too tanned to be from Kings Landing. Why don't you tell me your first name?"

I gave him a wary look. My father had warned me not to trust anyone at all. But this warning might have been only about the full name. After a second I decided to tell him half the truth.

„I'm Elia. What's your name?"

His face looked suddenly a little pale.

„Are you alright?" I asked with a sight of concern.

„I'm fine. My name is Jamie."

„No last name?"

„Just Jamie." His smile reappeared.

„Well just Jamie, I hope you will keep my practice as our little secret? Or do you need a sparring partner?"

„I could...but not today. Maybe another time?"

„I would love to." My smile got brighter while a voice inside my head screamed that I should stop being interested in a stranger.

I could already imagine what my uncle would say if he ever found out what just had happened.
I was really gifted to bring myself into trouble.