new neighbor

*THIS BOOK HAS A DIFFERENT STORYLINE THAN THE ORIGINAL SERIES*

after school, I was studying. i had so much work to catch up to. i heard the door creaking. it was jess.

"oh hi jess what are you doing here. came for rory? well fyi shes back together with dean."

he just looked at me and walked to the fridge, took out a beer. i ran and snatched it out of his hands.

"jess. you cant have this. you already know it. you can't imagine how mad my mom's gonna be mad at me when she catches you."

"fine."
as soon as he answered rory came out of her room.

"mary, these are the books i just finished reading and you'll have to read these by tomorrow night." she walked out to the kitchen with 2 books in her hand, "and oh my god you can't believe what dean- JESS?" she yelled and ran to hug jess. he didn't hug back.

"long time no see! how were you?

"good" he said awkwardly, "well uh nice to see you mary i'll catch you later." he hurried and walked out.

as soon as he walked out i bursted out laughing as rory stood frozen in front of the door awkwardly.

"what was that AHAHAH did something happen between you guys?"

"ugh whatever." she threw the books on the table and slammed her door shut.

"someone's cranky." i said to myself. i heard luke and mom talking outside. they were yelling to each other. they opened the door and continued to argue.

"see thats why jess is so annoyingly mean! i mean hes 16 and hes trying to drink beer and uh.."

"lorelei just stop talking. hey mary why did jess just walk out like that did he take any beer out of the fridge?"

"no luke not at all. i stopped him and i dont even know! him and rory have some tension between them." i replied, "well anyways do you guys mind not yelling in the kitchen because i have plans at 7pm and have to catch up on all these work by then. thanks. luv u guys. goodbye. get out of the kitchen pls."

i was really getting into the book. like it didn't even feel like i was reading. and of course, somebody had to ring the doorbell. i was stomping on the floor and opened the door aggressively.

"oh hey! sorry to bother you but i just moved like few doors away from you. im elton."

"oh hi so you're new. stars hollows high school?"

"yep. do you not go to stars hollows?"

"no i go to chilton."

"oh. i quit that stupid school its a shit hole."

"yeah i guess but i want top tier education. well anyways i got bunch of work to do so i'll talk to you some other day. welcome to stars hollows bye!" i slammed the door and ran back into the kitchen. ok lets be honest. this new guy is hot. and he was in chilton which means hes smart and most likely rich. but i just felt like he wasnt the right person to like. i dont even know why. i might just have a spot for one person that i didnt realize.
and i didn't realize till it was too late.

after i finished my work, i got dressed. it was snowy day of mid january. i put on my favorite pair of jeans and a tight sweater. i wanted to look good for some reason. as i was getting to the bus stop, somebody honked behind me. that just was so unexpected i almost fell but somebody caught me. it was the new boy, with a smile on his face.
"oh hey. thanks for that uh.. elton right? i-"
the same car honked again. i turned to look who it was. it was tristan!

"what nice surprise tristan?" i said, elton's smile faded away.

"get in, we're gonna be late." tristan answered in flirty tone, smirking. as i was getting into the car elton grabbed my arm and pulled me towards him.

"you mind coming over tomorrow at my place for dinner?"

"no, not at all! meet you there-" tristan pulled me in the car.

"god! can you two stop pullng me around!" i yelled and got my seatbelt on. "bye elton see ya." tristan drove off and before he did, he said "wipe that smile off your face, she's mine."

"what the hell tristan, stop! we just met yesterday."

"we're practically going on a date right now."

"NO? im only going with you for pj harvey"

"same difference"

"god tristan. go for rory. i dont date."

the whole way there, we argued.
but in the back of my mind, i knew i loved it