You Got A Boo Boo

𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 boring lately, the work shifts at the diner are killing me

𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 boring lately, the work shifts at the diner are killing me. Partially because I'm exhausted from all the stuff that's happening in school, and it's about to arrive the first snow of the season (according to Lorelai) so people are always looking for a closed comfy place to relax in; and partially because of Jess (he's not making it any easier, acting in this cold detached way), it's been almost a week since we fought and I'm feeling terrible.

The way Sookie's going crazy over the food that she has to cook for a bracebridge dinner it's all Lorelai and Rory talk about and, as if it's not enough, my mom helps at the inn whenever she can so this weird dinner thing is haunting me, even in my own house!
Fortunately, I'm going grocery shopping for my family, it's gonna postpone my return from school.

I put a bag of apples into my shopping cart, along with a hot cocoa mix, bottles of milk, coffee powder, and some packets of rocky road cookies.
I put all the items on the conveyor belt when Dean turns to face me.

"Hi, Deano" I greet him with a smile while I search for my wallet in between the incredible amount of stuff I have in my backpack.

"Do you know what he did?" he demands while I'm still digging into my school pack.

"What?" I bring my attention back to him, clueless about whatever he just said.

Dean scoffed at me "You're all buddy-buddy! You're telling me you really don't have a clue?" he snaps with a glare.

I'm almost full of Dean's shit, he's about to cross the line between jealous and obsessive with Rory and he's acting like a perfect jerk.

"First of all, I'm not aware of any of the events that happened in town today. As you can see, I just got back from school!" I point at my uniform and my grey backpack "And second of all, I'm pretty sure whatever happened isn't a reason to be yelled at!" I say furrowing my eyebrows.

"Oh man, you really don't know, huh...he didn't tell you, did he?" he says realizing.

"Don't know what? Who was supposed to tell me?" I ask desperately in need of information.

"Jess" he scoffs acidly "He took a swing at me," he says tilting his head annoyed.

I bite the inside of my cheek, I hate that my first thought is whether he's okay or not, and I try keeping myself from asking him the question that first pops into my mind.
"What do you mean 'he took a swing at you'? What happened?" I repeat his words incredulously while I pay for everything.

Apparently, Jess was fighting some guy at school and Dean tried to spring them apart (kind of a stupid decision knowing Jess, to be honest) but Jess was ready to hit whoever tried to stop him. Indeed, he did, and if I think about Dean's tone before...he kinda deserved it.