One

I leave the house and start walking quickly, always being careful not to fall and not to go on anyone. Fortunately, our apartment is not far from the Angel headquarters, so in the morning I can easily walk to my workplace. It cost us a little, but for convenience this and more.

I think about today's meeting: I hope at least it will not last hours since it will be a simple routine assembly. What intrigues me is to see and know David Frost live, to understand what face the man who founded the publishing house has. He must be a cool guy for making it all this way in business alone.

At one point he comes to me in an epiphany: maybe I could call Chad, just to earn an extra wish of good luck.

Yes, even clumsy like me can find a boyfriend: Chad and I have been together for almost a year, and I must say that so far everything has been fine. He is one of those classic American boys, with a square jaw and an expansive character: a modern prince charming in short. But he too has a flaw: he hates the morning.

I dial my boyfriend's cell phone number, hoping that after the swear words he will throw at me, a few words of encouragement will also arrive. I hear the phone ring for a few seconds, then I hear someone answer.

"Chad Bennington's phone" answers a female voice.

What the hell...

"Hello? But who is this?" I ask, altered.

"Oh you must be Carter. Chad has told me so much about you and your open relationship," she replies, laughing like a goose.

At first I am dumbfounded, imagining the girl's head on the other side of the handset exploding several times, but on reflection I notice that in reality there is not even a hint of malice in her voice. Which only means one thing: Chad lied to me.

He had actually done his workouts the night before with the girl I was talking to on the phone. What a piece of shit. But now I don't have time to get angry, so I find a radical solution at the moment.

"Well, when he wakes up, tell him our open relationship is officially over and to cancel my number," thunder, by sticking the phone in her face.

Good. The day started off on the right foot. Hurray. I hold back my desire to smash a road sign over someone's head, and continue to walk undeterred. Before I know it I'm a few meters from Angel and so I decide to slip into a bar: maybe a coffee will calm my nerves. I mean, Chad, what an asshole. I am holed up in the first bar I find and as usual, a crowd of people surround the counter. I try to make my way between men in suits and women in suits, miraculously managing to get to the counter.

"A coffee to take away!" I scream, to dominate the mess.

Luckily the guy at the counter turns out to be pretty quick, and he hands me the cardboard cup, so that I have enough time to get out of that mess. I try to leave the room without touching anyone, moving slowly and holding my coffee down. Careful Carter, always careful. Once out of all that mess, relaxed sigh. I'm finally ready for the meeting. I will think about my heart dramas later.

I take a step towards the exit, trying to put the bag well on my shoulder, but something goes wrong: I bump into someone and feel the coffee slip from my hands. I manage not to drop the glass, but I feel the liquid leaking from the container.

No.

No.

No.

No.

When I turn to see the mess I've made their eyes widen. A pair of blue eyes look at me, amazed. A man, about my age, with beautiful sculpted features and light brown hair throws me a reproachful look. I completely washed his jacket with coffee.

"Damn! I'm sorry, I'm mortified!" I squeak, digging into my bag to find a handkerchief and then trying to make up for it by dabbing the fabric.

"Here you are, let me help you," I say, mortified.

"No, no leave, I think you've already done enough" he tells me, with the tone of someone who would like to gut his interlocutor. Unsettling.

"I'm sorry, you don't know how much ..." I continue, in a panic.

As I looked around for a solution, my eye fell on the bar clock. Twenty-five past eight.

"Oh no, it's very late," I yell.

I stick my hand back into my bag, and pull out a grey-coloured ticket. Angel has provided all of its employees with business cards when needed. I hand it to the man, who in the meantime is reflecting on how to remedy the damage. I see him grab him and raise his eyebrows, as if he is surprised.

"Call me at this number tonight! I'll pay you back for your jacket! I have to go now, I'm sorry again!" I said, running out the door.

I manage to reach the office in time by a miracle, also avoiding all the paparazzi waiting for the superboss to arrive. That hassle.

"Kayley! Have they started yet?" I ask, seeing one of my colleagues still outside the meeting room door.

"No, Frost hasn't shown up yet, but you're late anyway! Hurry up!" she tells me, beckoning me to enter. Kayley is one of the colleagues I have most connected with within the company. Blond hair, a super fit physique, Kayley is Jasmine's counterpart for when I find myself at work. She is extremely professional: I have never seen her arrive late or fail in delivery times. Not surprisingly, she is one of the best employees, in charge of the promotions of the first month. I enter the meeting room and I can finally calm down, literally loosening myself in the chair. I take a long sigh.

"Late as always, Mills" I hear a voice say, coming from a few rows up ahead.

"Shut up Growell," I growl, not inclined to conversation. Flaminia Growell: my sworn enemy. Three-quarter silicone barbie, low-cut mini skirt, stunning boobs and an Olympic-sized ability to bust my balls every single day. When she talks to me she often feels like I'm back in high school.

"Let's hear, what went wrong with your life this morning?" Kayley asks me, sitting down next to me.

"I called Chad, and guess what a girl answered."

Kayley looks at me, taking a sorry look. "Damn Carter ... I'm sorry," she said. "No, I'm fine. I just want to finish this meeting. I couldn't even drink my coffee this morning "

"Why?"

"I spilled it on a guy unfortunately. I had to leave him the business card, since I will surely have to pay for that jacket"

"You should be more careful," Kayley scolds me.

"It is not I who am distracted, it is the world that slips from my hands" I complains.

At that moment we hear the door of the room open wide, and finally the boss of the bosses makes his entrance. And I almost have a heart attack.

Blue eyes, brown curly hair, wearing a different jacket from the one that I had showered with my coffee a few minutes before, David Frost positions himself in the microphone desk. There are over two hundred employees in the room, and this morning I had the brilliant idea of ​​just smacking my boss with hot coffee. I notice that one of his guards only wears his shirt, so I understand that the new jacket was a last minute loan. Fortunately, in the midst of all these people, maybe he won't notice me. The superboss looks around, trying to get comfortable. At a certain point, however, I see his gaze fall on my carrot head with the heaviness of a guillotine. The eyes widen. I want to bury myself in shame.

"Carter are you okay?" Kayley whispers to me softly.

"It's him. It's the one I washed with coffee this morning," I say desperately. Kayley assumes my own expression and pulls her lips in.

"Damn ..." she says softly.

"I'm fired" I whimper putting my hands over my head.

Please God, let this day end quickly.

Helloooo, how u guys doin'? Welllll i'm so sorry for this late update but yeahhh, im having exams, so u guys can tell me when u would like to have the updates, hope u all doin' good, love ya.