Chapter 4: Lucky Break Or Break An Arm

a/n: next chapter we will have proper interactions i assure you that this is the last setup chapter i promise

"Alright, this is fine," you assured yourself, with a grimace, hands on your hips.

You were staring down at the mattress you'd carved a pentagram onto, that was below the wall you were currently standing on, outside of your building; it was the morning of July 25th, the day that Projekt Revolution would start.

Not only that, but you were also going to be performing a concert, alongside MSI, MCR, Linkin Park and Taking Back Sunday today, at the White River Amphitheatre. Harvey had called it a warm-up for what was to come — you called it a punishment.

And now you were trying to kill yourself.

Well, not in that kind of sense — you had been trying, desperately, for the past couple of months, to get back to 2022, using weird internet forums you'd found on the dark web. From black magic rituals, to sacrificing a bottle of juice, to staying inside and manifesting your way back to your time period, you'd been trying everything.

Hell, you'd even considered building a car like the one from 'Back To The Future', but you couldn't muster up the courage to call up a workshop and ask for that ridiculous request.

Now, you were at your last resort; in around twenty minutes, Harvey was going to come and pick you up, and drive you to the airport, where you would then catch a flight to Auburn, Washington, where the first venue was. You'd thought you'd have plenty of time to get out of this wretched year, but no, you didn't, because you were still here, and still had knowledge that nobody else did.

And now you had to actually follow through with social interaction, and meet not only a band you admired intensely, but also a band that you fucking hated.

You were desperate, you were utterly stricken with panic, wanting to go back to where you actually came from more than anything in the world; but looking down at the satanic mattress below you, you were starting to think that maybe you should quit while you were ahead. The instructions on the page you'd found had said to fall face first onto it, while chanting Latin words in your head, and sure, it had looked sketchy, but you would try anything at this point.

An intense vibration came from your trousers, and you jumped, almost losing your balance, before yanking your cell out, and answering, with a shaky, "Hello?"

"Hey — I'm gonna come pick you up in five minutes or so," Harvey informed you, sounding too excited for comfort, "you got everything packed, right?"

"Yeah, sure..." you trailed off, trying not to sound nervous.

"Great, wonderful. Now gather up your last bits and pieces, and let's go! I want to see you downstairs by the time I pull up!"

Damn, you supposed that Harvey was already ahead on the Capybara memes of 2022.

"Fine, fine," you replied weakly, before hanging up, pocketing your phone, and letting out a desolate sigh; there would be no time to jump off and try out the method then.