Five

Fuck.

This has got to be some kind of a joke.

"You've got to be kidding me." I blurted out. My heart is hammering inside my chest as if it's wanting to get out.

Putang ina! Lumayas ako ng Maynila para takasan 'yong kasal ko, only to find out I'll be freaking married in Baguio!

Wasted as fuck.

Out of my head.

With a fucking broken heart.

"No, gorgeous. I'm not kidding. The paperwork will arrive today or tomorrow. I had my guy process it."

No, no, no, no.

"Yes, yes, yes, and yes." He muttered.

I didn't even realize I said those words out loud. Napasabunot ako sa sarili ko, trying to recollect my memories of last night.

I was at the bar. The free drink. The couple trying to bite each other's face off. I was shattered. The kiss. The car.

And, fuck.

Me proposing.

"Will you marry me, stranger?"

He chuckled, and I knew from the way he reacted, he knows that I finally remembered everything that happened the night before and during the wee hours of the morning.

What did my parents fucking say about stranger danger?

"We have to do something!" I said, frantic. I was biting my nails and started pacing the narrow hallway towards the main door of the house. Why does it look like I'm the only one who's dying of anxiety with what has happened?

"Do something about what?" His voice, serious.

"About this!" I spat out, throwing my hands in the air. "'Di ka ba natatakot? Paano kung serial killer pala ako? Magnanakaw? Saka 'di mo naman ako kilala –"

"I know a lot of things about you, wife." He said cutting me off. I stopped my tracks and met his eyes dead on.

His facial expression gave nothing away, but the jovial atmosphere he's carrying suddenly went damp and dark; like when it's about to rain.

"You may not know me, but I'm sure you've heard of me. 'Di mo lang siguro alam na ako pala 'yon. But you," he pointed to me. "gorgeous, I know everything there is to know about you."

"W-what do you mean?" Is he a deranged stalker?

There was a slight pause. "Arcie."

One word and it collided, like a speeding training hitting me dead on. Napahapo ako sa noo ko.

Arcie's friend slash brother figure which I've never met. Why am I so freaking stupid? I saw him in pictures before, but somehow, we never actually met in person. Which I don't understand why. Hindi naman siya relevant sa buhay ko before, that's why I never even cared about why him and I never crossed paths.

Why didn't it occur to me last night when I saw him? I knew he was damn familiar.

"Oh. no. no. no.  This can't be happening!" I was freaking the fuck out. More! Arcie's going to freak when she learns about this. At maselan siya magbuntis, if anything happens to her kapag nalaman niya 'to, I'll never forgive myself.

I started pacing again and nibbling on my thumb.

Anong gagawin ko?! Why am I such a brat who makes hasty decisions that will bite me in the ass later?