Chapter 1

Years have past and i was living as both inspector and a Hunter, my team was given a house where we spent our time together. As i returned to our house after a workout i was then greeted by a hug.

???: dad welcome back!

Jaune: well, quite a happy welcome I'm greeted... hello Rumiko.

Bushida Rumiko, she's my adopted daughter after i had rescued her from a dragon case incident, i found her as a baby and her mother was killed by an Orphan, to which i took her in through custody. My team and i took our time taking care of her and found she was a chimera ghoul like me.

As we got in, my team was just sitting around and just waiting for a new mission. My second command; Takizuchi Raido, saw me.

Raido: chief, back already?

Jaune: yes and why aren't you helping Rumiko with lunch?

Karin: we did.

Rumiko: we helped dad, so let's eat.

Jaune: oh alright.

As we all sat down we ate the delicious food, Rumiko made, since i also taught her how to cook at a young age.

In the TSC

As I and my team went to the TSC, we reported to the briefing room. Where inspector Kuroiwa was present, along with a few inspectors.

Kuroiwa: Arima... glad for you to join us.

Jaune: the pleasure is mine.

I changed my last name to Arima, during my time in the academy my fighting style was so fluid as if everyone saw Kishou Arima in me. I learned that Kishou Arima was the inspector who was favored to be the strongest dove during his time. I took up the name to honor his name along with Yusa Arima, his distant relative acknowledged me as his equal since I used to spar with him.

Kuroiwa: now let's begin the meeting.

As we sat down, we were given file reports on our new investigation. It turns out we had to investigate a series of ghoul murders. It said, there was a string of murders involving ghouls, stomachs were slit open and and bodies were stabbed too many times to count.

Kuroiwa: a string of murders was found in the 12th ward, most of the victims were ghouls, and some specific descriptions about this are that the victims were married ghouls, and the children were placed in houses. Some who were married to humans were spared.

Yusa: you think it was a mercy kill?

Urie: i don't think it's a mercy kill.

Jaune: i agree, not killing humans who were married to ghouls, I'm thinking the killer is acting as a crazed savior thinking if he killed ghouls who are married to humans they could be free from the horror.

My first guess would be it was ghoul cannibalism, many ghouls were still against humanity, and the idea of the TSC ensuring peace.

Akira: this would anger the ghouls and take matters into their own hands.

Kuroiwa: which is why we'll bait the killer.

Jaune: by acting as a married couple, once he sees us...

Urie: we get him like fish in a hook.

Tooru: a bait and pull operation?

Kuroiwa: we'll have two actors play a married couple, Yusa & Akira you'll act, while we provide backup if ever things escalate.

Everyone nodded and that ended the meeting.

Nighttime 3rd Pov

Yusa and Akira were in civilian clothes and were walking around, nobody was suspicious behind them, Jaune and the others who were watching over them were on top of a roof of a building tailing them.

Jaune: (comm) nobody tailing you guys... keep it up.

Akira: this place is famous for dates you think he would kill in an open place?

Yusa: we just need to be careful...

As the duo was still playing as a couple in the alleyway came a man in concealing clothes walking through the crowd. Jaune saw the man and looked that he was 5 meters away from them.

Jaune: Akira, Yusa you got a tail.

Akira: copy, we'll lead him away.

The two then went to a secluded park where nobody was present, Jaune and the others then rushed above them where they were still not seen, but as the two went to the park, the man then showed himself to the two.

Man: it's a shame you two were caught in my trap.

Akira: who are you?

Man: i am but a man of true peace a man who wishes for a clean world.

He then pulled out a suitcase that resembled a Quinque.

Yusa: a Quinque?!

They activated and released a Quinque gun which was an old model.

Man: you and your kind must perish from the world!

But as he tried to shoot the weapon, Jaune jumped in with his quinque Ixa 2.0 and used its shield form he deflected the quinque rounds with no fail.

Jaune: i think you should surrender while you have a beating heart.

Man: surrender?! Me?! I was a normal man living a nice life, and a job, until the war between you and the CCG waged killed everyone i cared for and loved! I killed those ghouls for the sake of a great world we will bring.

Urie: 'We'?

Jaune: he's not working alone.

Saiko: well i say we bring him in!

Man: that won't happen... ONCE I KILL YOU!

As the man pulled the trigger, we all dispersed away from his line of shot, Akira using her kagune to grab the weapon and throw it away, Jaune Saiko who also used her kagune used a kagune which was several arms then grabbed the man down and held him with all of her strength, Yusa placed a sword on his neck so that he wouldn't move.

Jaune: we gave you a chance and you just wasted it.

Man: it's not over yet.

The man then removed something from his teeth and chewed on it, a few seconds later he started to have a seizure. His mouth was foaming and all of us were shocked, Saiko dropped him and Karin started to check his vitals, but as she tried to save him, his eyes began to look straight up and stopped moving.

Karin: he's dead...

Jaune: Cyanide... he must have implanted it in his teeth.

Kuroiwa: we need to get back to HQ and compare notes... i think there's more to this than meets the eye.

Hunter's House Jaune POV

As we got back into the house, we saw Rumiko had prepared dinner for us.

Rumiko: welcome back!

Jaune: oh, how nice of you to make us dinner.

Rumiko: of course dad. Why wouldn't I?

We sat down and began to eat, the whole crew was in bliss. Her cooking was getting better than expected, thanks to the TSC's Synthetic food for ghouls, they can now eat normal food along with the fact that they are eating healthy and not chomping down human flesh. I was alright about eating human food since i was half-human.

When it was night and i was sleeping, it getting hard to sleep with my memories rushing in. it was like a wave of memories washing me with too many images.

???: you are trash!

???: you don't belong here!

???: you have disgraced me!

???: JAUNE! JAUNE! JAUNE!

Karin: JAUNE!

I awoke as it was getting me like i was drowning. I then looked to which it was Karin who was checking on me.

Karin: chief are you okay?

Jaune: yeah... just nightmares...

Karin: that's the 5th time... what is it this time?

Jaune: just some old memories... well i hope they will just go away.